Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I want Barkley for his ability to get closer to our opponents box, creativity and distance shooting. I want RLC to add a bit more physicality to our midfield as I feel we are very light weight and not great when we don't have the ball. RLC and Luiz could be a great CM combo that allows us to play Grealish in the middle and let the full backs go forward a bit more.

The problem I have with McGinn is that I don't think he does either of them roles well. It doesn't look like we are getting a winger in so Jack is staying wide. Which one will compliment McGinn/Luiz better and balance the team? I think RLC will but we still look so sluggish in attack I want Barkley.

Just buy them both, problem solved. 

I'm certainly for this move, especially as a loan. Although, there are quite a few similarities with the Drinkwater loan that make me wary. I do however have much better optimism for a guy who was able to play a bitpart role in a top 4 team last season than a guy who couldn't even get onto Burnley's bench.

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Everton have the Ancelotti pull.

He would never go there if they had a Hughton or Dyche

It's some of the privileges you get for having a high profile coach.

Best we bin Smith off soon then 😉 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm certainly for this move, especially as a loan. Although, there are quite a few similarities with the Drinkwater loan that make me wary. I do however have much better optimism for a guy who was able to play a bitpart role in a top 4 team last season than a guy who couldn't even get onto Burnley's bench.

And a guy who is only 26. For perspective, Jack just turned 25. Barkley hopefully has his best years ahead of him wherever he ends up.

Really rate Barkley. He's the most 'two footed' England player i've seen in a while. Look so comfortable on the ball with either foot which always made him stand out for me.

His issue at Chelsea has always been consistency, which is understandable considering he's been in and out of their side. Would be a big fan of this signing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joshharris12 said:

Hearing don’t want to move to a club outside top 6 according to twitter anyway 

So to be clear - You're "READING" not "HEARING"

1 hour ago, joshharris12 said:

I’m sure jack,smith and the owners can convince him of the project I think this will happen imo 

That was a quick turn around. 

53 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I must be watching a different player to most on this thread.

I can't see anything about Barkley to suggest he would be an upgrade on SJM as a box to box midfielder I would have been happy with Gallagher (but not just on loan) but would take Swift from what I have seen.

Barkley has 30 odd England caps and has played regularly for Chelsea, yet you would prefer Swift or Gallagher?

All we need now is SGC telling us that we'd be better off playing some 13yr old chap from the youth team, and VillaLad21 telling us that if the owners had any ambition they'd be trying to take Timo Werner rather than Barkley.  

You lot crack me up. 

Can't think of any loan move that has worked for us, even Ming's great season with us bit us in the bum when the purchase fee was negotiated.

If he comes here and plays well would be worth £60m + , not a player we would buy and if he doesn't do well then we have wasted another season, either way we end up with nothing. If we agree a fee first, say ,£35m then it could be worth it . 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Barkley has 30 odd England caps and has played regularly for Chelsea

200+ Premier League appearances in his career would surely be an asset to us when the maximum any of our first-choice players have can’t be half of that... 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Can't think of any loan move that has worked for us, even Ming's great season with us bit us in the bum when the purchase fee was negotiated

If we hadn’t loaned Mings we wouldn’t have been promoted so we can see that purchase fee as a £200m profit.

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

Can't think of any loan move that has worked for us, even Ming's great season with us bit us in the bum when the purchase fee was negotiated.

If he comes here and plays well would be worth £60m + , not a player we would buy and if he doesn't do well then we have wasted another season, either way we end up with nothing. If we agree a fee first, say ,£35m then it could be worth it . 

Tammy, El Ghazi, Mings, Axel, Hause were all great loans that promotion season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Tammy, El Ghazi, Mings, Axel, Hause were all great loans that promotion season. 

We lost some of them the season after (or paid high fees) and had to rebuild, with hindsight it would have been better to buy those players up front. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

We lost some of them the season after (or paid high fees) and had to rebuild, with hindsight it would have been better to buy those players up front. 

Did Villa have the same owners then?

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Most of those players wouldn't have joined a championship club permanently, and aside from Hause we probably wouldn't have been able to afford them if they did. 

Without loans we'd still be in the championship. 

53 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'd prefer RLC to Barkley personally. I'd be wary of Ross being another Drinkwater. Probably slightly lazy thinking, but I much prefer trying to get players on the up. But if Chelsea subsidise his wages then it could be good

He’s 26, it’s hardly on the scrap heap. Perfect age coming into his prime years.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Did Villa have the same owners then?

We have decent owners now. I don't like loan players , we are just developing other teams players or advertising them to be auctioned off at later date, or paying the wages of deadwood players .

Barkley would be a good signing if we aren’t paying his full wages. Experienced, strong and good on the ball. If we get a future signing fee agreed based on x appearances goals etc then it could be a shrewd move. 
I’ve said before I’d prefer Loftus Cheek as I think he is more mobile, but actually looking at his injury record and lack of games throughout the years it could be a far bigger risk. 

• Like 1

Â