Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

With our midfield options I'd actually try and take both on loan

I think we would face a Januzaj situation if we went for both of them on loan! ;)

I'm sure Barkley's reaction would be as follows (his wages would be the stumbling block though, we can bank on that):

image.jpeg.0192e2073a1cb8ab20d2029a3dd9b4db.jpeg

Edited by John

Yeah if option to buy. Spose it does improve the clubs profile rating in better players wanting to come to us. On that alone I spose even if it's a loan it would be mental to say no on both Barkley or Loftus..

Raising the club notoriety should be one of the priorities..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up part of his wages. Massive upgrade on Hourihane or our other options and he is a player you would hope still has desire unlike Drinkwater.

I think this is a great move personally.

Do you know anything Trent or is that your wish? 

I wonder if this was what that "Secret Agent" comment was from Jack on that photo with Tammy a while back was all about. Also ties in with Gabbys nice surprise comment last night. 

Not a player I have ever enjoyed watching to be honest. But I'm a purist and he's always looked a bit robotic to me. However that is being picky and talking about the top players in the league he's a huge upgrade on Hourihane and a very exciting signing. 

Shouldn't forget he's still very much in England squad contention. 

Edited by villaglint

Does this mean Purslow and Smith have gone back on their, ‘we won’t loan any players again, improve them, only to go back to their parent club?’  Does this mean they will be wanting a buy clause at the end of the season? Not been a big fan of Barkley but has been playing well under Lampard.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up part of his wages. Massive upgrade on Hourihane or our other options and he is a player you would hope still has desire unlike Drinkwater.

I think this is a great move personally.

Whispers from the club? Or read about it, source? 

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Kind of...

I was told by someone at the start of the month this was happening, not the person I usually hear things from and so had no idea if good info or not, there is so much BS about.

Over the last few weeks they’ve been saying “just wait and see” and now Percy is reporting it which is about as reliable as it gets.

I contacted the person last night to say well done on the info and they said loan with option and part funded wages.

So I don’t know it for certain but given this persons track record on this one I’m inclined to believe them.

That is as much as I “know” but we shall see I guess. Personally I’d be very pleased with it.

Observe Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title I see you have a secret agent.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I said before we shouldnt sign cast offs from the top teams, before somebody says McGrath it was a different time and era. 

A lot of these players have no hunger or desire when dropping down the table. Everton and West Ham prime examples

Cast off?  Chelsea have Kante, Pulisic, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho , Kovacic, Gilmour and Ross all on their books - Looking at that, maybe something has to give.

He's only 26! He has tremendous ability and would improve our team (let alone squad) massively.

This would be the type of signing I would expect that Jack was hoping for, them two linking up could be great to watch. Really hope it happens🙏

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He played double pivot in front of back 4 with Kovacic today. Has played a lot there for Chelsea from memory. Not #10

That's because Chelsea hasn't used a CAM for most of his time there, not really til Mount came into the team last season. However, he played nearly 100 games at CAM for Everton, which is what got him his Chelsea move. 👍

Â