Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Period on the bench needed. Certainly wouldn’t be paying anywhere near the 30/40m price tag that is getting thrown about.

Thought I’d massively misjudged him after his first few games here but he is exactly the player I remember from Chelsea. Even worse is I at least thought we’d get some graft.

Awful performance yet again and does he have a performance clause?

Gave the ball away several times, no effort to track back and ducked out of challenges.

It's the same every game.

I'd say £20 million is too much for him based on his performances and yet Chelski want £40 million. 😁 

The pressing doesn't work as he doesn't pull his weight and he doesn't offer enough when we have the ball so Grealish becomes too easy to double down as we lack threat in the middle.

Passenger atm.

• Like 1

He’s not fit and looks like a liability.

Doesn’t look like a grafter defensively: wants to be involved in offensive build up (not v well lately), but won’t get stuck in on the messy side of things. 

This is Drinkwater all over again. ‘Let’s play him so we can see him at full fitness’. ‘To drop him would hurt his confidence’. ‘A Ross firing on all cylinders will be amazing’. He needs to be dropped. He’s not worth £10m let alone the £30m that was mentioned in January.

We really have dodged a bullet getting Ross in on loan, imo (which I assume is good fortune rather than good planning in this case). Sometimes a signing just doesn't work out despite being a great fit on paper, and it's really nice to think that we don't have to have him sitting on our books for 4 years on £100k a week or something insane.

Unless we decide to buy him in the summer, of course...

Barkley is like a kid who plays U11s. He's a bit rotund, don't run about, the other parents want him dropped out the team but the manager thinks that in every game, he will bang one in out of nowhere or he's best mates with the players Dad. 

He's been shyte recently, despite the header v Soton, but even for him tonight was another level of pathetic. 

Yeah that was really bad.  He has had a whole week since the last match so him not training much can't excuse that performance.  The fact he is so immobile means the rest of the front 4 can't rotate as much as they were and Jack is easier to mark out of the game.  I hope we move Jack into the middle for a spell now.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It came far too late imo, but we don't know how ready Stansted has looked in training.

I don't want to see Barkley starting next week, that's for sure.

True. He hasn't really had the chance to take off yet. Hopefully he has good people around him and not too many hangars-on. I'm sure if we give him time he'll be flying. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Didn’t think he could be anyworse than last weekend, but that takes it, dreadful it’s like playing with 10men

Last weekend was his "best" game in the last 7, I thought there was some slight progress there. 

Pathetic performance tonight... 

Â