Ross Barkley

LondonLax

When did he last play well? He's below Sandra and perhaps even Ramsey in the pecking order for me based on recent performances, and if we're paying the bulk of his wages I'd be really tempted to terminate the agreement.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but was he worse than Traore? 

I think Traore has more credit in the bank plus again I think he needs to have the freedom to move about which Barkley remaining in the same 10 square ft part of the pitch for the entire match doesnt allow.  That said I think Traore and a few others just didn't fancy it on a cold Saturday in Brighton either.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I think Traore has more credit in the bank plus again I think he needs to have the freedom to move about which Barkley remaining in the same 10 square ft part of the pitch for the entire match doesnt allow.  That said I think Traore and a few others just didn't fancy it on a cold Saturday in Brighton either.

Yes Traore does maybe one or two good things in a match then the rest he is crap but that was more than Barkley tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When did he last play well? He's below Sandra and perhaps even Ramsey in the pecking order for me based on recent performances, and if we're paying the bulk of his wages I'd be really tempted to terminate the agreement.

Photos? 😂 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean. Ross ain't going to the Euro's.

This is a dead project. Throw away your pride and let's get back to basics and 4-3-3 with 3 hard working midfielders.

Correctomundo 

samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but was he worse than Traore? 

Much better I'd say, Traoré did the basics, tracked back and pressed, had a quiet game and below par, but did the basics. Barkley hardly made a sprint, misplaced passes all over, what made me most upset was when he lost the ball very sloppy just outside our penalty area but then doesn't even bother to try and get it back and just stands still.

I really don't want to make him a scape goat or be too harsh on him, but this was not a good performance, and he is not improving. We should bare in mind he has been injured, and in the last game when he scored he actually came to life and started making sprints, so it could be a confidence thing as well. But as it looked today, Sanson was much more lively during the few minutes he was on.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Much better I'd say, Traoré did the basics, tracked back and pressed, had a quiet game and below par, but did the basics. Barkley hardly made a sprint, misplaced passes all over, what made me most upset was when he lost the ball very sloppy just outside our penalty area but then doesn't even bother to try and get it back and just stands still.

I really don't want to make him a scape goat or be too harsch on him, but this was not a good performance, and he is not improving. We should bare in mind he has been injured, and in the last game when he scored he actually came to life and started making sprints, so it could be a confidence thing as well. But as it looked today, Sanson was much more lively during the few minutes he was on.

I am tending to agree now that Barkley should be dropped. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

My objection is mostly is that he appears to receive special treatment. I'd happily keep him if he wasn't given free passes to be shit for so long. If he was alternated with the wingers or other players when he's out of form or not fit then great. Then when he earns his place he can be a truly sparkling presence in this side. At the moment, he's doing nothing but keeping his place and that can only burnish resentment surely?

Living off repuations is not good for a side

This.

we had a confidence player, riding high on confidence, scored 5 in 6, and was playing well.

we dropped one of our own players to make way for a lazy loan player in poor form.

All over a reputation.

• Like 1

I really want to like Barkley and I'm desperate for him to do well but as the weeks go by I'm starting to think to myself, is it really worth the hassle? 

It's quite clearly a tactical thing, he plays more as a striker than a 10, our formation often resembles a 442. The problem is off the ball he's just no good and then on the ball he's been completely off it as well. Today was just really bad. 

I think perhaps we need to let go of this idea that one of the midield three has to be a 'no.10', we've tried that many times with Grealish and more often than not it doesn't work, as essentially you're just playing with two midielders, it puts too much pressure on Luiz and McGinn. Having Barkley in central midield is a luxury, not so much because he's a bad player himself, but because it's not really his position, something I'm surprised doesn't get pointed out more often, very rare he'd play there for either Everton or Chelsea, he more often than not would play in a similar position that Grealish plays for us, basically as one of Chelsea's wide attackers with license to come inside.

• Like 1

Â