Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Not there yet. He looks like an unfit player who's just had a fiddly injury.

Hopefully it comes v Burnley as they'll need a bit of guile to get through.

Looks scared/reluctant to take a hit when holding the ball with his back to a defender. The sort of hits Watkins takes literally 25 of a match and the sort Ross can definitely definitely handle.

Bit too wasteful for my liking in general, but it's probably worth playing him until he gets fit as we'll need him against if we're going to pick up some positive results against Saints/West Ham/Arsenal.

Every game this season will be moving his price up and down. Come May we could be absolutely gagging to sign him and willing to pay £50m. Or not really wanting him for anything over £20m.

• Like 4

I'd sign him just to keep Jack around for another year at least.

Nice little bromance there, Jack flashing a bit smile when Barks overhit one to him first half.

I doubt Jack leaves a week after we sign Barkley for 30m or so.

Him, Jack and Traore is really turning into a nightmare three behind the striker for defences to handle pariticularly with Ollie being a very mobile forward.

Add in Trez and AEG good impact options around 70th minute mark and it's all really exciting in final third now.

• Like 2

Barkley going to have to get some fitness going especially with Sanson coming in. In his first few games he looked physically strong. It seems like the layoff hasn't helped his physical strength. Hopefully he can get back to it sooner rather than later.

I thought he looked a little rusty at times but his positioning and how he dictates the play in the final third are fantastic. Hes making better players of Watkins and traore and we all see the relationship with Jack. 

He'll keep getting better, just need to see if his body can stay injury free.

I also loved that he did not want to come off and could clearly sniff a goal.

The thing is, you can see the guy has that "x factor" and he has bags of it.

I'd say he and Traore are most skillfull players.

When it clicks he will be a top top player, like he often was in the past. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

AEG deserves to play ahead of him 

Why? We are a much more balanced and dangerous team with Ross. AEG had a great December and deserves his place on the bench. He is a great option as back up and as an impact sub but he is not quite a starter.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why? We are a much more balanced and dangerous team with Ross. AEG had a great December and deserves his place on the bench. He is a great option as back up and as an impact sub but he is not quite a starter.

Jack can do the 10 role? 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd sign him just to keep Jack around for another year at least.

Nice little bromance there, Jack flashing a bit smile when Barks overhit one to him first half.

I doubt Jack leaves a week after we sign Barkley for 30m or so.

Him, Jack and Traore is really turning into a nightmare three behind the striker for defences to handle pariticularly with Ollie being a very mobile forward.

Add in Trez and AEG good impact options around 70th minute mark and it's all really exciting in final third now.

Woof No GIF by ARTEfr

• Haha 2

I don't deny his talent, and I give some slack for being rusty, but also at this moment I haven't seen enough to warrant stumping 30m on him.

If he gets back consistently, avoids further injuries and improves then yeah, but right now......30m is a lot to invest in someone who i don't think has done enough to warrant it (at this moment in time).

Would be more than happy if he did though, because if he is on fire he will help us a lot.

Edited by MaVilla

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not there yet. He looks like an unfit player who's just had a fiddly injury.

Hopefully it comes v Burnley as they'll need a bit of guile to get through.

Looks scared/reluctant to take a hit when holding the ball with his back to a defender. The sort of hits Watkins takes literally 25 of a match and the sort Ross can definitely definitely handle.

Bit too wasteful for my liking in general, but it's probably worth playing him until he gets fit as we'll need him against if we're going to pick up some positive results against Saints/West Ham/Arsenal.

Every game this season will be moving his price up and down. Come May we could be absolutely gagging to sign him and willing to pay £50m. Or not really wanting him for anything over £20m.

At the moment, it’s very much the ‘anything over 20m’ category. 

Barkley has been excellent in some games this season, but he’s not particularly young and I’d actually back us to go and spend 30m on a different no.10 and get a better player. 

He’s good. But he’s nothing spectacular. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wonder if Lampard going will affect our chances of getting ross?

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Might improve them... new manager wants to bring in his own players making Ross surplus?

all great n' all, but tbh Barkley needs to show us he's worth actually stumping 30m on.........which i dont think he has done yet.

• Like 1

Â