Ross Barkley

LondonLax

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

To be fair to him I don't think he's fit. I don't care what's in his contract though or how much he's on, we cannot afford to carry someone in his role. The central three got overrun continually in the second which meant continual pressure on the CBs. At least 5 times I watched him get breezed passed while just idling. Not good enough. 

Personally I think he's very much a 1 in 4 player and has been for a couple of years. I've had this arguement with mates before about him. Great on his day but that only comes once a month if he plays. I like him but we need more than what he's showing. Much more. 

That’s how it’s looking currently, probably him returning from Injury and getting back up to fitness will take time. 

he needs to up his game because the new signing added to the mix causes more competition for places. 

if he’s thinking about his future career he needs to put in performances or he will end up being a bit of a Wilshire 

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

To be fair to him I don't think he's fit. I don't care what's in his contract though or how much he's on, we cannot afford to carry someone in his role. The central three got overrun continually in the second which meant continual pressure on the CBs. At least 5 times I watched him get breezed passed while just idling. Not good enough. 

Personally I think he's very much a 1 in 4 player and has been for a couple of years. I've had this arguement with mates before about him. Great on his day but that only comes once a month if he plays. I like him but we need more than what he's showing. Much more. 

yup, imo Sanson should get his slot.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

urm.....Sanson?

We have enough good options now not to have to carry anybody. No point in buying Sanson if you are going to slavishly play the four who started today ! 

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Quick question.

Ross Barkley for £30m, or move Jack inside and get a wide attacker for £30m instead?

I like Barkley, but i think Jack looks better inside.

we dont need to put grealish in the middle, Sanson can play in the 10 role.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

See, I don't buy that. I agree Traore is lacking in his defensive game but as times gone on you can see him trying hard and his performances have improved.

Barkley is the polar opposite. He just has no interest in the "dirty work" and when you're playing at Burnley that's just inexcusable.

Yes you can see a huge improvement in Traore’s game he isn’t a natural physical type player but he’s trying to win tackles and wins a few to be fair, Barkley on the other hand won’t put him self in harms way, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he’s not quite fit enough yet but if he was anybody else and not quite fit they would be on the bench, Barkley has to earn his spot next game, I think Traore did enough to warrant another start got a few shots off and played cash in. 

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Had a good have v Liverpool bit other than that I can't think of another game where his "quality" has really stood out. 

I remember being frustrated with him that day as he missed so many chances that Jack put on a plate for him. Did get an eventual deflected goal. 

Overall this season I've been underwhelmed, think there's better players out there for the mooted price.

It's the same criticisms you see of him from every club he's been at.

Obviously very talented but he only really works on instinct. He is very head down and shot/dribble, his decision making is not great by any stretch. He is capable of that moment of magic though.

We cant deny Barkleys talent, but honestly, i think hes a bit too erratic in displaying that talent, he really slows the ball down sometimes and ponders on the ball trying to show his standing still skill, he doesnt look fit, but more than that he doesnt harry or press like the other players, he's very lazy.

Honestly, if Sanson is ready for the next game i would bench Barkley and make him earn his spot back, i really havent been impressed with him overall.

Yes he's talented, but his performances have been poor and erratic overall for me, he shouldnt get a nailed on starting spot for these type of performances, especially as we now have Sanson.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's not though. 

Every stat of both his and the teams is better with him on the left. Literally every single one. 

Nope. His assist rate is higher in the centre. We have more possession when he is in the centre the right winger performs better and if watkins could finish his dinner he would have had 5 assists in the last 6 games.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Nope. His assist rate is higher in the centre. We have more possession when he is in the centre the right winger performs better and if watkins could finish his dinner he would have had 5 assists in the last 6 games.

Nope, his assist and goals rate is higher on the wing. If i have to link it I will happily do so. 

Oh OK then. 

image.png.3a3eb9eb3759fc6cd6695d83a6eb6d07.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-grealish/leistungsdaten/spieler/203460

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nope, his assist and goals rate is higher on the wing. If i have to link it I will happily do so. 

Oh OK then. 

image.png.3a3eb9eb3759fc6cd6695d83a6eb6d07.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-grealish/leistungsdaten/spieler/203460

3 assists in 5 games (plus the 3 sitters watkins missed) compared to 5 assists in 13 games as a LW. 3 of which came against Liverpool so really 2 in 12. And 4 goals in 12 as well. So 0.5 goal Contributions a game as a LW compared to 0.6 as a Cam.

Ignoring his goals coming from. The centre of the pitch such as his goal today as well which could easily be classified as a goal he scored as a CAM. Because barkley was non existent. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Â