Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Coming back from injury and obviously not 100% fit. Looks a bit slow, in his head as much as in his feet.

Needs to do a lot more to convince me he is worth to spend money on to sign.

• Like 2

He is way off the pace and to be frank, Villa are better than giving game time for one of Chelsea's under-performers. A few fancy flicks is all you get from Ross ..... doesn't defend at all, bottles out of tackles and is simply not worth the shirt. Get Sanson in or Nakamba and send him back to Chelsea ..... please !

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ducking out of tackles, looks slow.

Not just him, I noticed BOTH him and Traore lacked that little bit extra piece of aggression and workrate.

There were a few balls both of them could have gotten to but chose to leave.

I know he isn't full fit but this isn't encouraging right now.

Nor is it wort anything near 30 - 40 mill.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

To be fair to him I don't think he's fit. I don't care what's in his contract though or how much he's on, we cannot afford to carry someone in his role. The central three got overrun continually in the second which meant continual pressure on the CBs. At least 5 times I watched him get breezed passed while just idling. Not good enough. 

Personally I think he's very much a 1 in 4 player and has been for a couple of years. I've had this arguement with mates before about him. Great on his day but that only comes once a month if he plays. I like him but we need more than what he's showing. Much more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not just him, I noticed BOTH him and Traore lacked that little bit extra piece of aggression and workrate.

There were a few balls both of them could have gotten to but chose to leave.

I know he isn't full fit but this isn't encouraging right now.

Nor is it wort anything near 30 - 40 mill.

See, I don't buy that. I agree Traore is lacking in his defensive game but as times gone on you can see him trying hard and his performances have improved.

Barkley is the polar opposite. He just has no interest in the "dirty work" and when you're playing at Burnley that's just inexcusable.

• Like 3

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Personally I think he's very much a 1 in 4 player and has been for a couple of years. I've had this arguement with mates before about him. Great on his day but that only comes once a month if he plays. I like him but we need more than what he's showing. Much more. 

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

See, I don't buy that. I agree Traore is lacking in his defensive game but as times gone on you can see him trying hard and his performances have improved.

Barkley is the polar opposite. He just has no interest in the "dirty work" and when you're playing at Burnley that's just inexcusable.

You're probably right, its just easier to want to nit pick at everything given such a gutting result ain't it?

Â