Ross Barkley

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He looked well off the pace. 

And it's not surprising - it's his first game in like what, 2 months? 

He didn't have a good one today, no, but we should happy he's back and available, so he can get back to the level we know he's capable of. 

Definitely looked rusty and his decision making was off unfortunately but it was his first game in nearly 2 months against Man City of all teams. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Saturday should be good for him. 

• Like 2

Shot when he should've passed, passed when he should've shot, which is really just an indicator he wasn't quite up to speed and back on his teammates' wavelength yet. Will come back with game time, just hoping he stays fit now.

If if if if he can stay fit I'd pay whatever it takes for him, our doctor should know enough now about him so get him or find the alternative. If his head is right and has the correct deano temperament I'd go for Dele Alli if Barkley is going to be a constant worry.

Given the fact he has not played for over two months it was clear to see last night how rusty he was.

Could he also have been one of the Covid sufferers?

Hopefully he comes back better in the game vs Newcastle after getting 70+ minutes last night.

He'll need a couple of games to get going again but - much though I hope I'm wrong - I still think he is and will prove bang average. Capable of the odd moment of brilliance but slow and indecisive with no interest in defensive duties. If he improves before season end then great but please god do not waste money based on what we have seen so far !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

He'll need a couple of games to get going again but - much though I hope I'm wrong - I still think he is and will prove bang average. Capable of the odd moment of brilliance but slow and indecisive with no interest in defensive duties. If he improves before season end then great but please god do not waste money based on what we have seen so far !

Agree with the highlighted part but if you can't see that he is total class from the games he played for us pre-injury then I don't know what to say tbh...

He made a massive impact and improved us no end in the games he was fit for. That is the issue, his quality isn't in question by anyone at the club. 

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Agree with the highlighted part but if you can't see that he is total class from the games he played for us pre-injury then I don't know what to say tbh...

He made a massive impact and improved us no end in the games he was fit for. That is the issue, his quality isn't in question by anyone at the club. 

Total class, that’s pushing it a bit. He had some good games but lacks consistency within games not just between them. He has ability but I think he is a long way from being the level that some people are putting him at.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday, we will have the majority of possession in attacking areas so will be a better indicator as to where he's at.

Best you can say about last night is that it was a good work out for the lad.

Anyone using that performance to sway their long term opinion of him needs to get an extra hour or two in bed each night.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Looked rusty and slow. Doesn't help playing against the best of the best in your first game back. 

I'm sure he will look much better Sunday. 

At church? 

Â