Ross Barkley

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

3 assists in 5 games (plus the 3 sitters watkins missed) compared to 5 assists in 13 games as a LW. 3 of which came against Liverpool so really 2 in 12. And 4 goals in 12 as well. So 0.5 goal

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

3 assists in 5 games (plus the 3 sitters watkins missed) compared to 5 assists in 13 games as a LW. 3 of which came against Liverpool so really 2 in 12. And 4 goals in 12 as well. So 1.0 goal Contributions a game as a LW compared to 0.6 as a Cam.

Contributions a game as a LW compared to 0.6 as a Cam.

Fixed this for you as I'm not sure you know what goal contributions means. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Fixed this for you as I'm not sure you know what goal contributions means. 

Ah yes 6/12 is definitely 1. You cannot include a game where he got 5 goal contributions. That was a complete fluke of a game. And whilst he deserves to be lauded for the game when he has done nothing close to it in the past then it makes no sense to include it. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Ah yes 6/12 is definitely 1. You cannot include a game where he got 5 goal contributions. That was a complete fluke of a game. And whilst he deserves to be lauded for the game when he has done nothing close to it in the past then it makes no sense to include it. 

No its 13 in 13. 

And skewing figures to suit you argument isn't going to change facts. We have two perfectly capable 10's at the club now. Lets play them.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No its 13 in 13. 

And skewing figures to suit you argument isn't going to change facts. We have two perfectly capable 10's at the club now. Lets play them.

Barkley is shit. Sanson should play over mcginn.

And no I'm not skewing the data it doesn't make sense to include the game where we scored 3 deflections (one goal and an assist for Jack) and scored 7 against what was the best team in the world.

If we look at his last 5 as a LW games instead it is 0.6 goal contributions a game instead. But still ignoring the sitters el ghazi and watkins missed when he was a CAM. 

Also you don't include anomalies in data groups that is just basic science. 

Edited by MotoMkali

He can really be frustrating, has bags of ability but so often he either does the right thing at the wrong time, the wrong thing at the right time, or the wrong thing at the wrong time. 

The physicality he brings to the team however is very valuable however 

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You can't just cut out games like that just because it suits your narrative. 

Somewhat hypocritically, pretty sure I did that with Wesley last season but I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong to do that.

Also, pretty sure the process of cutting out anomalies is more stringent than this, precisely to avoid people from excluding valid data so as to push their own agenda.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley is shit.

You said it was a "good get" in October.

Sanson should play over mcginn.

You've never seen him play and I trust you will roast him as you have Barkley when he inevitably takes time to settle in England. SJM was unbelievable just 3 games ago against Chelsea but is having an off period. 

And no I'm not skewing the data it doesn't make sense to include the game where we scored 3 deflections (one goal and an assist for Jack) and scored 7 against what was the best team in the world.

Stats are stats, just ask United fans with their goals per game assessment of penalty king Fernandes. 

If we look at his last 5 as a LW games instead it is 0.6 goal contributions a game instead. But still ignoring the sitters el ghazi and watkins missed when he was a CAM.  

There were plenty of 'sitters' missed in his LW games as well. It is my opinion (and dean smiths btw) that he is better on the LW or he would buy a LW and play jack in the middle as he's our best player. 

Edited by Steero113

They way he looked angry when he was taken off last game and his performance today does not bode well. He has to deserve the place in the team. He gets to play in the attacking midfield position, the position everyone wants to have. He needs to earn it. He must do his defensive duties, just standing still and not even tracking his man for the corner is really bad. I also don't like his showboating in attack, he holds the ball for too long, looked like training ground stuff. Jack does it too at times, but he has earned it and almost every time creates something. Barkley hasn't earned it yet and doesn't produce the same end product. Now is time for him to knuckle down and show the right attitude and show that he deserves to be here and wear the shirt.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He can really be frustrating, has bags of ability but so often he either does the right thing at the wrong time, the wrong thing at the right time, or the wrong thing at the wrong time. 

The physicality he brings to the team however is very valuable however 

TBH, I haven't seen a lot of physicality from Barkley. He should offer more. He's fragile for a guy with his build.

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

"Barkley is shit."

You said it was a "good get" in October.

"Sanson should play over mcginn."

You've never seen him play and I trust you will roast him as you have Barkley when he inevitably takes time to settle in England. SJM was unbelievable just 3 games ago against Chelsea but is having an off period. 

"And no I'm not skewing the data it doesn't make sense to include the game where we scored 3 deflections (one goal and an assist for Jack) and scored 7 against what was the best team in the world."

Stats are stats, just ask United fans with their goals per game assessment of penalty king Fernandes. 

"If we look at his last 5 as a LW games instead it is 0.6 goal contributions a game instead. But still ignoring the sitters el ghazi and watkins missed when he was a CAM. "

There were plenty of 'sitters' missed in his LW games as well. It is my opinion (and dean smiths btw) that he is better on the LW or he would buy a LW and play jack in the middle as he's our best player.

Evidently I was wrong about barkley.

No I won't roast sanson, I'm generally pretty positive about Villa but for us to progress it is clear who the current weak links in the team are. They have been mcginn and Barkley. It won't be hard for sanson to be better than McGinn 9/10 games. 

Common knowledge that you exclude penalties in assessment of goals and common knowledge you exclude the anomalies in your data when you are performing analysis of statistics. 

And to the extent of the sitter missed in his left wing games not even close to being true. Before Jack was Cam watkins xG to actual goal ratios were pretty much 1 to 1 he has is now -2 and he has had 3 one on one chances jack created for him in those games. 

31 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You can't just cut out games like that just because it suits your narrative. 

Somewhat hypocritically, pretty sure I did that with Wesley last season but I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong to do that.

Also, pretty sure the process of cutting out anomalies is more stringent than this, precisely to avoid people from excluding valid data so as to push their own agenda.

We are taking about predicting Jack's future performances. It makes sense to exclude a game that he will never replicate again (at least not with the current quality around him). How many times has De bruyne managed 5 goal contributions in a game for City with all the talent they have probably once a season. And De Bruyne is definitely the better scorer and assister of the 2.

We are taking about predicting Jack's future performances. It makes sense to exclude a game that he will never replicate again (at least not with the current quality around him). How many times has De bruyne managed 5 goal contributions in a game for City with all the talent they have probably once a season. And De Bruyne is definitely the better scorer and assister of the 2.

He would be with Sterling, Aguero, Gundogen, Foden, Mahrez to service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

TBH, I haven't seen a lot of physicality from Barkley. He should offer more. He's fragile for a guy with his build.

It's a tired old drum to bang, but neither he McGinn, Luiz or Barkley offer much in the way of defensive cover, we looked balanced when Nakamba played but that may have just been because Newcastle are so crap.

Maybe Sanson coming in will have enough of an engine that he can free up Barkley to do what he does best. But at the moment we can't carry a player who has immense talent but is slow and does zero tracking back or tackling.

Also when Grealish plays on the left to let Barkley go central, Grealish seems to track back a lot less. El Ghazi is not great at tracking back and tackling but he certainly tries when he plays on that side.

Dean has basically hired a porsche stuck a huge deposit down, been told he has to drive that porsche then realised we are in demolition derby not an exhibition race.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

He would be with Sterling, Aguero, Gundogen, Foden, Mahrez to service.

But he doesn't have them so including the game where we got 3 lucky deflections and beat the best team in the world (at the time) 7-2 means the data is not going to be representative of his future performances at LW. 

But he doesn't have them so including the game where we got 3 lucky deflections and beat the best team in the world (at the time) 7-2 means the data is not going to be representative of his future performances at LW. 

3 lucky deflections? What about the sitters we missed in the same game that were created by Jack Grealish.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

3 lucky deflections? What about the sitters we missed in the same game that were created by Jack Grealish.

Sure but it was a historic collapse. How many times does a team not in the top 6 beat any team by scoring 6 or more goals?

I don't think even we got pumped for 5 or more goals by a team other than City last season. 

Â