Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

He does do these weird half-volley smashes to our keeper back from the half way line. 

I think Zaha got in after one of them and he did one in the first couple of mins against Newcastle.

Absolutely scares the bejesus out of me.

I'm not sure why he does it, he did it twice on Saturday and started one of their attacks. Also other memorable example was the Zaha chance he set up. Hope he'll be told to stop that.

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

Did he take a while? At the start of the season, Trez was sizzling, so he had to wait. Then he got injured. Were still only 20 odd matches into the season and considering he's had, let's say 7 good games, I think you could say he has settled quite quickly. 

(Not singling you out MrBlack, I initially agreed with that statement before I thought about it a bit more)

Maybe not a while then, but he was poor in his first few appearances, and it solidified my low expectations. Creating little and not tracking back.  He turned that around with fairly little game time,  but over a longish period due to his lack of appearances. Like I said, I think the time he had out with no pressure on him helped him overcome the weaknesses he had, possibly more easily than if he'd been in the team and under pressure to perform. But he definitely is performing well now, however he got there.

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He didn't fail to deliver at Chelsea ajax signed him. You know a club regularly in the champions league and the best in their county. 

Well yes, but the fact they sold him after so few starts suggests they didn't think he was worth keeping. He then did OK at "the best club in their country", and had one great season in France, before being average there. He was definitely signed with something to prove, having not lived up to his potential to date. If he'd carried on the trajectory he was on, he wouldn't be on as many goals for us as he is.

Its a credit to him and the club that he's delivering what he is at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe not a while then, but he was poor in his first few appearances, and it solidified my low expectations. Creating little and not tracking back.  He turned that around with fairly little game time,  but over a longish period due to his lack of appearances. Like I said, I think the time he had out with no pressure on him helped him overcome the weaknesses he had, possibly more easily than if he'd been in the team and under pressure to perform. But he definitely is performing well now, however he got there.

Well yes, but the fact they sold him after so few starts suggests they didn't think he was worth keeping. He then did OK at "the best club in their country", and had one great season in France, before being average there. He was definitely signed with something to prove, having not lived up to his potential to date. If he'd carried on the trajectory he was on, he wouldn't be on as many goals for us as he is.

Its a credit to him and the club that he's delivering what he is at the moment. 

Chelsea sold him because they had hazard and Willian. They didn't need him. 

9 hours ago, May-Z said:

He does do these weird half-volley smashes to our keeper back from the half way line. 

I think Zaha got in after one of them and he did one in the first couple of mins against Newcastle.

Absolutely scares the bejesus out of me.

One of the most bizarre "back pass" I've ever seen

His goal against Newcastle showed how hes settling into the idea of shooting with his right foot, was a good goal. I just remember the misses he had (I forgot against which team) but everyone was complaining he needed to give it some right foot and it now looks like hes comfortable in doing just that.

32 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Traore > Benrahma

I've not seen enough of Benrahma to make a comment on that, what I would say is that Traore was also a fair bit cheaper. So it's also another nod to our recruitment over the summer, £17m (or whatever it was) really isn't an awful lot of money these days. 

42 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Traore > Benrahma

Deano has improved every one of these players on this seasons evidence. Traore has looked very good since West Brom away. Think he’ll just improve even more. These are the good times..

Too early to suggest that. Benrahma has looked quite impressive in the few games I’ve seen him play. 

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Like I said, I think the time he had out with no pressure on him helped him overcome the weaknesses he had, possibly more easily than if he'd been in the team and under pressure to perform.

Sounds like a luxury a lot of players didn’t have last season. A certain striker in particular.

12 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'm not sure why he does it, he did it twice on Saturday and started one of their attacks. Also other memorable example was the Zaha chance he set up. Hope he'll be told to stop that.

Absolutely love them . I think you just have to trust him .His touch with his left foot is so so good . He can appear nonchalant but thats just him i think and his personality.  The bloke is a scarily good finisher when you watch back from 2015 onwards. And he was rated extremely high in terms of potential back in the day . Another player that we thought was overpriced maybe but lange and smith can see the hidden value and unlock it . 

12 hours ago, turvontour said:

He is just keeping Martinez awake as Newcastle weren't going to keep him busy 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

One of the most bizarre "back pass" I've ever seen

I am pretty sure the Zaha one was actually not going towards our goal but then bounced off someone next to him. But I may be misremembering/may not have believed my eyes in the moment because since then it has become clear he DOES like to smash a volley towards/across our area!

He either trusts our players immensely or thinks **** it I can see him so I’m going to pass it to him no matter what.

Either way I love some of his passing and how he helps us keep the ball sometimes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, WooJung said:

End product wasn't there, but gives us a chance to be dangerous from the right. Trez came on and offered nothing. Granted, limited amount of time, but I feel taking him off made us worse 

I love Trez but sadly the subs killed any chance of an equaliser

Â