Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I think he looks more up to pace in a sense and that's a good thing. Ignoring his final balls he was good offensively. But he is a complete and utter catastrophe defensively. Just doesn't track back when needed. Third goal was all on him.

Could see from the early stages today that he wasn't really on it.

The little flicks and quick passes weren't coming off, nor the bounces of the ball etc.

One of those days.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Really enjoyed watching him first half. Pure entertainment. He holds onto the ball in scenarios you think he's got no chance. Plays us into some great positions.

However it feels like the end product, the final pass, is only landing 20% of the time.

I know he's scored goals and got assists but I'm just not sure yet. If you're going forward and Jack Grealish is by your side you're going to get chances a plenty.

Admire his effort a lot, I think he's working hard to learn his role and do what Smith wants. He's miles and miles and miles better than Trezeguet or El Ghazi but I'm not sure right now if he'll be starting for us first game of next season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Definitely fit enough now - ran his arse off, lots of great tracking back too. 

yeah, i noticed the last 2 games he really seems to have upped his defensive output, possibly getting up to required fitness etc, good to see.

Thought he did really well, played very good like everyone else.

Let's face it we were facing a very tough Southampton side who's passing was incredible to be fair, they hardly messed up and moved the ball to our box smoothly.

All our players just kept on backing off to much and giving them the yards.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i noticed the last 2 games he really seems to have upped his defensive output, possibly getting up to required fitness etc, good to see.

The downside of it for me is that he's lacked a bit of potency attacking-wise as a result - hopefully he'll find the right balance. 

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought Traore was great against Southampton.

Full of energy, quick, skilful and helping out defensively at every opportunity.

Yep. I thought that too apart from the sliced clearance from the corner. Heart in mouth moment!

Â