Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

When we signed him, i was probably least convinced about this signing than any other player we've bought in the last 2 years.

I was willing to give him time and hoped he would deliver,  but I didn't expect him to. Definitely not in this league, having failed to do so previously 

Ecstatic I was proved wrong. He definitely took a while to get going (possibly not helped by the limited chances he was getting), but actually think it was the environment and the fact he was protected from early pressure that is seeing him become the player we've now got.

Lesson here, don't doubt the powers that be at our club ;).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

When we signed him, i was probably least convinced about this signing than any other player we've bought in the last 2 years.

I was willing to give him time and hoped he would deliver,  but I didn't expect him to. Definitely not in this league, having failed to do so previously 

Ecstatic I was proved wrong. He definitely took a while to get going (possibly not helped by the limited chances he was getting), but actually think it was the environment and the fact he was protected from early pressure that is seeing him become the player we've now got.

He didn't fail to deliver at Chelsea ajax signed him. You know a club regularly in the champions league and the best in their county. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Did he take a while? At the start of the season, Trez was sizzling, so he had to wait. Then he got injured. Were still only 20 odd matches into the season and considering he's had, let's say 7 good games, I think you could say he has settled quite quickly. 

(Not singling you out MrBlack, I initially agreed with that statement before I thought about it a bit more)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

Did he take a while? At the start of the season, Trez was sizzling, so he had to wait. Then he got injured. Were still only 20 odd matches into the season and considering he's had, let's say 7 good games, I think you could say he has settled quite quickly. 

(Not singling you out MrBlack, I initially agreed with that statement before I thought about it a bit more)

urm.

not sure "Trez" & "sizzling" can be used in the same sentence?

He does do these weird half-volley smashes to our keeper back from the half way line. 

I think Zaha got in after one of them and he did one in the first couple of mins against Newcastle.

Absolutely scares the bejesus out of me.

• Like 2

He does do these weird half-volley smashes to our keeper back from the half way line. 

I think Zaha got in after one of them and he did one in the first couple of mins against Newcastle.

yeah.....that move scares the s*it out of me....

I know what you mean, terrified it was going to catch Martinez out with so much pace on it. 

On traore its great to see what he offers against a club that doesn't cross the half way line. I expect him to earn his money against Burnley, we know we'll have most of the ball and we need to take our chances. Something he should offer over and above Trez and Elgazi.

The goal was sweet, we know he has that in his locker now, but what I was even more pleased about was his improved work rate and the way he tracked back. Previous games he has tracked back now and then half heartedly and picked up the wrong defensive positions most of the time. Against Newcastle he was really good defensively. Now he didn't have too much to do, Bruce probably forbids his players to advance into our half, but it was still a big improvement defensively. I thought he pressed and ran more as well.

He really needs to stop with those crazy Bacuna-style back passes though, sooner or later it will result in gifting a goal. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 16:48, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Terrific point: DS said last season how he wanted goals from across the pitch. With Bertie, that seems like a genuine possibility. 

At start of season Jack missed lots of chances. He should already be on 12 or so. 

21 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The goal was sweet, we know he has that in his locker now, but what I was even more pleased about was his improved work rate and the way he tracked back. Previous games he has tracked back now and then half heartedly and picked up the wrong defensive positions most of the time. Against Newcastle he was really good defensively. Now he didn't have too much to do, Bruce probably forbids his players to advance into our half, but it was still a big improvement defensively. I thought he pressed and ran more as well.

He really needs to stop with those crazy Bacuna-style back passes though, sooner or later it will result in gifting a goal. 

I noticed this, on a few occasions he sprinted back when we lost the ball. He is getting fitter and also understanding how the coaches want and need him to play. Best thing is he will only get better. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I know what you mean, terrified it was going to catch Martinez out with so much pace on it. 

On traore its great to see what he offers against a club that doesn't cross the half way line. I expect him to earn his money against Burnley, we know we'll have most of the ball and we need to take our chances. Something he should offer over and above Trez and Elgazi.

Correct me if I’m wrong but he played the other game against them and had a few chances didn’t he? I think it was the one of the games he got heavily criticised afterwards for only having a left foot. He is playing with a lot more confidence already and will have a lot of joy against them I reckon. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Gets better and better every game. I feel like he has a far higher ceiling than Trez or El Ghazi

Yeah I agree. I really like Trez, he’s such a trier. I think Traore, with coaching and perhaps even a bit of stability has a very high ceiling.

• Like 1

such a huge talent, reminds me of Mahrez, when he is on his game like now.

If he can keep his form, wow, we have some player......but he does look like he is settling in to me....meaning just getting better.

such an elusive talent.

PS.....That's  not dismissing ElGhazi and Trez, either, so many options now.

Edited by TRO

Â