Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's the baller Yannick Bolasie wishes he was. 

If Traore had his pace (when he was younger), he’d be unreal. 

He lacks that injection of pace to be top class but makes up for it with a superb technique. 

Traore lacks the raw pace of Gabby during his hey day but he is very fast on the ball, like Jack.  When either of them skin an opponent they are 20 yards down field before the poor sap has even turned around to get back on D. 

I don't think he particularly lacks pace to be honest, I mean yeah he's not absolutely rapid like certain wingers who build their games around it but he glides across the pitch and as the goal showed can cover shorter ranges pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

You don't need to tell anyone that. We were all aware of this over the last few days when you were insisting Trezeguet should start.

not sure why u even reply.

block is much easier.

• Like 2

Just now, Indigo said:

I don't think he particularly lacks pace to be honest, I mean yeah he's not absolutely rapid like certain wingers who build their games around it but he glides across the pitch and as the goal showed can cover shorter ranges pretty quickly. 

I think it's more that he hasn't often had space to run into. He's not Like Trez who will immediately start sprinting at goal even when he picks up the ball 1m from an opposition player, inevitably running straight into them.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not sure why u even reply.

block is much easier.

I wont bother to get into a debate, but I'm quite happy to reply to the effect of 'no shit'.

I tried blocking a few and found it way too annoying as the ones I had blocked were posting 5 times a page, 10 pages in a row.

He's great to watch, does some strange things at times, but also does excellent things at times. But I quite like his unpredictable nature, there will be times where things don't work for him but when they do, they're glorious.

There's still a time and place for Trez to be involved, especially against the "better" sides where Cash needs more help. But for the Newcastle's and Burnley's of this world then Bertie is perfect for those games. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

He's great to watch, does some strange things at times, but also does excellent things at times. But I quite like his unpredictable nature, there will be times where things don't work for him but when they do, they're glorious.

There's still a time and place for Trez to be involved, especially against the "better" sides where Cash needs more help. But for the Newcastle's and Burnley's of this world then Bertie is perfect for those games. 

Yep, he's doing exactly what we signed him for. I remember Smith saying that we needed someone who would stop teams just focusing on Jack. He does that job against teams who will sit back against us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You don't need to tell anyone that. We were all aware of this over the last few days when you were insisting Trezeguet should start.

It’s amazing how often their opinion is utter codswallop.

Dull as a bag of hammers.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Traore lacks the raw pace of Gabby during his hey day but he is very fast on the ball, like Jack.  When either of them skin an opponent they are 20 yards down field before the poor sap has even turned around to get back on D. 

I’m not sure how you’ve got away with this without Kenneth turning up

He reminds me of a young ronaldinho in style tbh. More predominately one footed but very much similar in agility and trickery. Very similar to the comment on Asprilla. A player that will do the unthinkable. I think that's what stands him out. He's a technically blessed footballer It's the consistency they need. I feel like he's a player that needs an arm around him rather than a kick up the arse at times. Shy but has superhero shit in his locker. Like others I only see him becoming a top top player with the right guidance. He's at the right place for that.

Â