Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Remember someone on here recently posting some comparison stats re him and Adama at Wolves. Wolves value Adama at approximately 50-70m. Enough said.

I think we’ve made a very good signing here.  He’ll get better and better.

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he was dreadful myself. Our worst player. 

Same here I'm afraid. He's great on the ball, but a liability without it, and teams realise that if they overload our right hand side, they're going to get more chances than down our left. He should have been replaced halfway through the second half, as he was offering nothing.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Same here I'm afraid. He's great on the ball, but a liability without it, and teams realise that if they overload our right hand side, they're going to get more chances than down our left. He should have been replaced halfway through the second half, as he was offering nothing.

I was scared he was going to cost us a goal, some of his challenges are pathetic and that clearance that looped in the air. 

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

He'll get better, but Dean should have subbed him and tightened things up.

Yes its not his fault, cant understand why hes so relucatant to make subs. We got away with it last night thanks to the goalkeeper and defence but it could have been so different. Small margins! He should have shured things up late on.

Edited by PaulC

It seems like we go around in circles with El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Traore, the moment one of them has below average performance it seems that there are cries that they're not good enough and need to be replaced by one of the others, until it's one of those others turn to be deemed not good enough after one poor game. Whichever one of them plays they're going to be up and down with their form as is often the case with wide players, but statistically in terms of providing goals or assists they've all done well for us.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is he doing enough to keep out Trezeguet or Elghazi.  I'm not sure, especially Trez who had seemed to hit a bit of goalscoring form before he was out/dropped. 

Trez hasn't scored a goal all season?

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is he doing enough to keep out Trezeguet or Elghazi.  I'm not sure, especially Trez who had seemed to hit a bit of goalscoring form before he was out/dropped. 

For me, yes. 

He wasn't a threat against Southampton, but that's the first real time in a while. He's technically too good to leave out at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

Trez hasn't scored a goal all season?

Oops.  My bad.  I was convinced he'd got a couple of goals before Traore came in. Strange how your mind work.... I'm blaming lockdown. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, useless said:

It seems like we go around in circles with El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Traore, the moment one of them has below average performance it seems that there are cries that they're not good enough and need to be replaced by one of the others, until it's one of those others turn to be deemed not good enough after one poor game. Whichever one of them plays they're going to be up and down with their form as is often the case with wide players, but statistically in terms of providing goals or assists they've all done well for us.

Yes, the main problem is none of them stand out.  I guess that's why I'm a bit disappointed with Traore, I thought he was here to be substantially better than both of them. 

If you want a player guaranteed to be better than those then you need to spend big money, people were desperate for us to sign Benrahma but he hasn't shown anything at West Ham to suggest he would have been an upgrade on what we already have.

Truth of the matter is that wingers that are cosistently scoring goals, providing assists and putting in good performances are going to cost probably three times at least what we paid for Traore, unless you get lucky with a signing that performs beyond reasonable expectations.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

people were desperate for us to sign Benrahma but he hasn't shown anything at West Ham to suggest he would have been an upgrade on what we already have

Watching him now and he wouldn’t get near our team. Of course he might step up as he gets more used to the league and to be fair West Ham are doing very well this season so he isn’t costing them anything in those terms, but agree he doesn’t look any better than what we have. I think we were watching him in case Grealish moved.

Â