Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Please, please, please, FFS, can we stop writing players off after 20 mins? I shudder to think if fans had been in the ground for his early appearances. Would he have become the player we see now or would his confidence be completely shot?

Liked this and now quoting this and saying “this” for emphasis. 

Superb game, people are often critical of his defensive work, i get that but he was bought as a winger/second striker and I think until the last few years he wouldnt have expected to be tracking full backs. The game has changed and unfortunately exposed a weakness. 

The key bit for me is he makes himself so influential in the final third that the opposition full backs are scared to cross the half way line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't see the goal before now. While it's a great goal, the best part of it for me is the football. The play. The movement, the pass. Lovely. 

This. I sat watching the match and, as stupid as it sounds. couldn’t quite believe AVFC scored a goal like that. The delicacy and precision of it were sublime: it’s a whole different brand of football 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, omariqy said:

Exactly what a winger should be - a **** maverick 

This made me lol. 

He genuinely is. To the point where he tries mad skills and if they don’t come off, he’ll blame someone else. 

On a serious note, he’s brilliant against the lesser teams - Palace, Albion, Newcastle etc. I just worry about his work rate and defensive abilities against the better sides. I think I’d prefer Trez in those games. 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He reminds me of Dele Alli in that they'll kill you with their first touch, whether it's a goal or a flick or a through ball. Give them a bit more time and they might mess up.

But his first touch is just sensational. Kills the ball absolutely dead, doesn't matter where it comes from.

Thankfully he has a LOT more in his locker than Alli.

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This made me lol. 

He genuinely is. To the point where he tries mad skills and if they don’t come off, he’ll blame someone else. 

On a serious note, he’s brilliant against the lesser teams - Palace, Albion, Newcastle etc. I just worry about his work rate and defensive abilities against the better sides. I think I’d prefer Trez in those games. 

I just love how he dominates the poorer teams in the division. Can you imagine a team like Sheffield United look at our team sheet. Grealish on the left and Traore on the right. 😂 You almost have to feel bad for them at that point. 

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This made me lol. 

tbh you can see his fitness is improving, he was a lot more up and down the pitch last night, also he is adapting to the league and our tactics, considering all this i think he's doing really well, i love him, a proper maverick.

Going forward, he will continue to develop (hopefully), get fitter and work harder, if he doesnt im fairly sure at some point we will bring in someone better.......so its up to him really if he wants to cement that place by doing all his sexy tricks but also working hard.

Personally, i think he's a great signing and will get better as we improve as a team, lovely seeing such a nonchalant player at Villa, reminds me a little of Faustino Asprilla in terms of his languid but exciting style.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â