Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We haven't really seen the best of Matty Cash attacking prowess yet.

A hard working Trez gives him more freedom to overlap. The nature of Traore makes it so Cash has to be more defensive minded. Because he knows Traore won't cover for him if he goes forward.

I think that has more to do with last 3 league games being City, Utd and Chelsea. Plenty of overlapping from Cash in most games, regardless of whether Traore or Trez are starting.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think that has more to do with last 3 league games being City, Utd and Chelsea. Plenty of overlapping from Cash in most games, regardless of whether Traore or Trez are starting.

From what i've seen Trez and Cash has a much better understanding with eachother and it's those understandings across the team which has made us so good this season.

Edited by villalad21

59 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't really agree.

We haven't really seen the best of Matty Cash attacking prowess yet.

A hard working Trez gives him more freedom to overlap. The nature of Traore makes it so Cash has to be more defensive minded. Because he knows Traore won't cover for him if he goes forward.

Him and Trez seem to have a great understanding with eachother from what i've seen so far.

I'd play Trez in any scenario with Traore being a good bench option. But that's just me. It's a game of opinions.

Actually Cash offensively is better with Traore than Trez. 
Traore can make things happen, unlock defences. 
His control on ball is much better than Trez or El Ghazi. They might be a bit better in terms of positioning. But thats and attribute should mostly be for strikers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Traore should play Vs Newcastle even if he plays instead of Barkley.

Not saying he should start every game but Newcastle should in theory give us more space to attack

I assume he’ll definitely play, with McGinn suspended.  I assume Jack may drop into midfield with Luiz and Barkley and then Traore with either Trez or El Ghazi on the wings.  

Obviously Ramsey could be a swop for McGinn but I would like to be more attacking against, what I expect to be, a very defensive performance from Newcastle with Bruce in charge. 

• Like 1

We need to go out the traps aggressively and get a goal early, Traore is the best person we have in the team to make this happen by unlocking the Newcastle defence because of his unpredictability. The longer it's 0-0 the worse it'll get to find an opening and if they get the goal we're in trouble. 

14 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I watch sport to see people do stuff that I can only dream of. I love that about Bert. He is good for at least one piece of pure filth every week. Great times to be a Villa fan.

He can play through the centre too.

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

From what i've seen Trez and Cash has a much better understanding with eachother and it's those understandings across the team which has made us so good this season.

Traore and Cash seem to be linking up well tonight.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For a guy with no right foot, them Lyon fans be pissed. 

Have i missed something in the Traore hate train

To be fair, that finish was a classic swing and hope with your wrong foot. He was trying to tuck it into the right-middle of the goal, not dink it off the crossbar.

But still a cool finish - he has bags of confidence at the moment.

Also, how good is he in the air for a winger?

I really like him. Excellent signing.

• Like 1

The guy has genuine class, another player capable of being that “x-factor” hopefully has done enough now to convince those who prematurely wrote him off.

Just look how much Targett, Luiz and even Trez have improved after a season of bedding in, Traore could be absolute quality.

• Like 2

Traore is a good player, and it's crazy how much some people want some of our players to fail. They'll never learn though and there will always be an excuse. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

bUt He CaNt DeFeNd.

Look who cares. He'll probably improve defensively but when you have a player with magic feet like that.. well just appreciate and use that talent. From day one has done nothing to deserve some of the pathetic negativity towards him - I know a smaller minority - but even so, open your eyes and shut your mouth lol

Edited by birdman

Â