Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That free kick on the edge of the box was an atrocity. Probably should've been yanked off the field right then!

Yeah that piece was so bad. I forgive him because he has put in quality before but he has to do better there. 

Offers zero defensively and barely moves during the game. He looks less fit than I am. Surely he should be in top shape by now given that he barely played at the start of the season. Hopefully he can sort out his obvious issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Very much an unpredictable £17mil player. We see flashes of a player worth double that, and also getting goals regularly now. But also elements of a player far inferior of that sort of price tag. Particularly defensively. Cash had a right go at him one of the times he switched off.

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Trez 2nd behind Cash for tackles per game (2.4) Grealish =3rd (1.5) with Targett and McGinn

But if you're comparing him to trez you also need to compare trez's goal scoring and assists. 

I'm not defending his defending, its poor, buts its surely not what we bought him for. 

In the final third, he is providing a threat.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

But if you're comparing him to trez you also need to compare trez's goal scoring and assists. 

I'm not defending his defending, its poor, buts its surely not what we bought him for. 

In the final third, he is providing a threat.

Do we really need the goals though?

It's not like we didn't win games with Trez in the team. We actually won our first 4 games with Trez in the team.

If the team is winning the hell does it matter whether our right winger scores or not if greatly contributes in different ways?

Regardless he did have 6 goals last season which are perfectly fine numbers for a winger and i always felt it was just a matter of time before he started scoring this season as he get's into some good positions.

I think he is doing pretty well for his first season. I just don’t think you can play him and AEG in the same team. Of the two, Bert is the more complete player. Barkley comes straight back in, move Jack to the left and keep Bert on the right. AEG as an impact sub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Do we really need the goals though?

It's not like we didn't win games with Trez in the team. We actually won our first 4 games with Trez in the team.

If the team is winning the hell does it matter whether our right winger scores or not if greatly contributes in different ways?

Regardless he did have 6 goals last season which are perfectly fine numbers for a winger and i always felt it was just a matter of time before he started scoring this season as he get's into some good positions.

I think while Barkley is out and Watkins isnt scoring, we cant risk dropping a player who is.

Barkley is key as it allows Grealish to play wide left and he gets closer to Watkins. I'm not sure if either has scored since the Watkins injury.

Trez is undoubtedly a better option to support Cash but in the same respect, Traores quality is the final third is significantly better. A simple look through the trezeguet highlight reel this year will show you that.

Nice problem to have.

24 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think while Barkley is out and Watkins isnt scoring, we cant risk dropping a player who is.

Barkley is key as it allows Grealish to play wide left and he gets closer to Watkins. I'm not sure if either has scored since the Watkins injury.

Trez is undoubtedly a better option to support Cash but in the same respect, Traores quality is the final third is significantly better. A simple look through the trezeguet highlight reel this year will show you that.

Nice problem to have.

Problem with Traore is it's asking alot from Cash.

Pretty much has to defend on his own

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Problem with Traore is it's asking alot from Cash.

Pretty much has to defend on his own

I agree, it's about finding a balance. Should the system be adapted to get cash more support from the midfield or our centre halves. 

While cash has been over run at times, weve not conceded huge amounts and neither of last nights goals were a result of Traores lack of tracking. Arguably it's a problem but the additional goals traore brings are a trade off worth taking.

At times he makes good defensive runs as well, so it's not like he's incapable or completely unwilling. I think it's more about concentration fitness and adaption to whats expected of a winger in the PL. Changing habits takes time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

At times he makes good defensive runs as well, so it's not like he's incapable or completely unwilling. I think it's more about concentration fitness and adaption to whats expected of a winger in the PL. Changing habits takes time.

Yup, think this is it. He has it in him, but he needs time to get it all together. He's doing much better than Trez and Anwar in their first seasons here though I'll give him that. He's still very useful, and a threat.

• Like 2

It's not as simple as this but I would be utilizing Bert in the games where we are going to be fully on top and bringing in Trez to do a job vs. the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea of this world.  

Does anyone know if Trez is going to be fit for the Spurs game? They are the biggest threat on the counter in the league with Kane and Son and could really do with his workrate in that game. 

Thought he worked harder and is working harder has the odd lapse in concentration the defensive side doesn’t come natural to him, still an absolute steal at £17m , Solanke was £20m and only scored 3 in 32 appearances for Bournmouth , Traore has overtook that already 

I still think we should switch him and Watkins round for a while. Traore is banging in the goals and Watkins is currently doing very well at creating them, and he'll obviously be a lot better on the defensive side.

• 2 weeks later...
Â