Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I like that once a game he does something Messi would find it hard to do.

I dislike that once a game he does something weird like try to clear it and volley the ball across our own area.

"Blows hot and cold" isn't strong enough for this fella.

I think his effort levels are really good. He's not used to tracking back this much at all and he's getting better at it every game.

• Like 1

Decision making is not great, his shots are often weak and he has a habit of hanging Cash out to dry (thankfully he has McGinns engine, can cope and isn't afraid of giving Traore two barrels when he needs to) 

But **** me does Bertrand pull off some gorgeous play at times. Jack is the best ball carrier we have and I love watching him take players on - I know it's coming, I can see how he's going to do it and it's great to watch - but Traore is different, it may be I've not seen him as much but he seems to be able to pull out the unexpected and he can be bloody exciting to watch in the opposition 3rd.

He has to get better at helping cash. He has to stop the bizarre clearances across our own box (at least 3 times now) and he could do with learning to put his laces through a ball...a lot of that can be trained and he clearly has ability though. Could be a big player next year for us. Could also be 21/22's (always inevitable) scapegoat but here's hoping for the former.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

I quite like him to be honest. I would prefer Trez in big games like yesterday where Cash is going to be under pressure. But I do like how unpredictable he is, he is good in one v ones and can deliver a good cross when cutting back in. What he really needs to work on, and I'd be amazed if the coaching staff are not talking to him about this, is what he does when he shifts the ball on to his right side. The option to cut back on the left is not always going to be there, so he needs to get at least competent at standing a cross up with his right foot. El Ghazi is quite good at doing this with his left, he should have a word with him

I don't know if it was Covid related but Foden is a little beast when he bumped Bertie off the ball. I'd like to see him increase his strength. Could have been Covid related though so again benefit of the doubt and all that.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m excited and nervous every time he’s on the ball/ involved  he looks so lethargic but some how pulls a rabbit out of the hat strange player but I do like him

But he is also deceptively quick with the ball, his run first half showed that. If he'd of stuck that away surely a contender for goal of the season, but not to be!

Again he's probably still getting used to regular games, the PL and the team. I think he will improve.

However equally I think had Trezeguet been fit then he would have helped out Cash more against the likes of Chelsea, Manure and Shitty when we are under pressure.

Horses for Causes and all that!

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But he is also deceptively quick with the ball, his run first half showed that. If he'd of stuck that away surely a contender for goal of the season, but not to be!

Again he's probably still getting used to regular games, the PL and the team. I think he will improve.

However equally I think had Trezeguet been fit then he would have helped out Cash more against the likes of Chelsea, Manure and Shitty when we are under pressure.

Horses for Causes and all that!

Yes the time off didn’t help him one bit I believe he was just getting into his stride after a run of matches 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Very poor defensively and in terms of decision making tonight.

Unlike technical ability I wonder if decision making is easily improved?

He's an absolute joy to watch sometimes, but infuriating at others. 

I think he's just one of those players that we need to accept will be brilliant and appalling all in the same match. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The bit of flash is entertaining but most of the time I am thinking I'd rather have Trez playing. 

Horses for courses. 

Yesterday would have been Trez of fit, Newcastle on Saturday I'd pick Traore 

On 20/01/2021 at 19:43, Tomaszk said:

I like that once a game he does something Messi would find it hard to do.

I dislike that once a game he does something weird like try to clear it and volley the ball across our own area.

Haha this is my feelings summed up absolutely. It’s quite the ride.

• Like 1

He has sublime skills and at times looks like our most dangerous player......but, I think we need a bit more aggression in midfield to cover him....if he plays......Trez gives us that, but he is not as elusive or dangerous as Bertie

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has sublime skills and at times looks like our most dangerous player......but, I think we need a bit more aggression in midfield to cover him.

Trez comes straight into the team for me.

Gives us more balance

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has sublime skills and at times looks like our most dangerous player......but, I think we need a bit more aggression in midfield to cover him....if he plays......Trez gives us that, but he is not as elusive or dangerous as Bertie

good thing we are in for the French McGinn then :P

• Like 1

23 hours ago, av1 said:

Horses for courses. 

Yesterday would have been Trez of fit, Newcastle on Saturday I'd pick Traore 

I think you are right....it is horses for courses.

certain players are going to be more suitable to certain opponents.

I am glad Trez is not being released.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Trez comes straight into the team for me.

Gives us more balance

Depends who are we playing to be honest. 
Traore is one of our most dangerous players offensively, if we’re planning to attack then he’s the right choice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Depends who are we playing to be honest. 
Traore is one of our most dangerous players offensively, if we’re planning to attack then he’s the right choice.

Don't really agree.

We haven't really seen the best of Matty Cash attacking prowess yet.

A hard working Trez gives him more freedom to overlap. The nature of Traore makes it so Cash has to be more defensive minded. Because he knows Traore won't cover for him if he goes forward.

Him and Trez seem to have a great understanding with eachother from what i've seen so far.

I'd play Trez in any scenario with Traore being a good bench option. But that's just me. It's a game of opinions.

Edited by villalad21

Â