Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

19 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Got the goal which was pleasing but his overall performance was poor and too often his defensive contribution was not good enough.

Absolutely. He needs to work harder. Simple as that. 

Trez and AeG had the same issues until this season. It’s preventing him moving his game forwards and upwards in quality 

• Like 1

Not a winger.

We needed a hard working quality direct winger with pace.

We bought and shoehorned a CAM on to right wing with little work rate, little pace, no right foot to go around and a natural ability to slow things down.

He's done well the last 3 matches, but it was the wrong signing from the start for me when we neededa RW. And he is way more suited for a CAM role than RW.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Very clear that he's going to be a very frustrating player. Someone who will drop a couple great performances followed by a couple poor ones and so on. 

Even in games, there's times he can light it up and be very effective but when he's not doing that we have to carry him really. He didn't help Cash on that right anywhere near enough, the bloke was trying to defend 2 players. 

While frustrating he's a bit of a maverick which makes me want to like him. 

35 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Well taken goal but not his best game. Odd that a guy playing in a front 3 is consistently criticised for his defending though.

Trez 2nd behind Cash for tackles per game (2.4) Grealish =3rd (1.5) with Targett and McGinn

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

While frustrating he's a bit of a maverick which makes me want to like him. 

Guess I'm more German than English in that sense. Give me a steady 7/10 like Westwood any day over a Traore that's one day 10/10 and the next day 1/10.

Yeah, really good going forwards but if he isn’t going to help Cash it’s hard for him to be in the team.  Chelsea and Man U have seen the flaw and pounded our right side and other teams will do the same.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Comes across a massive luxury player.

This was my fear when we signed him. 

He's got silky skills, but does he fit in with Smith's philosophy? I'd like to know the backstory to the signing (Did Lange push for it over objections, etc.)

Â