Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But why can't we mention in the same breath how he made a fool of a player with a sublime take town in movement, a guided control on his thigh to turn it into space, then a shimmy to the left to break clear?

I genuinely think people will pick what they want to focus on based on if they just don't like the player or not.

Seems no coincidence that the people who were against the signing from the beginning almost take pleasure in seeing him f*ck up.

It's clear as day that he can bring something to the team.

Once he has more time, and our style and work ethic are drilled into him, he has the potential to be brilliant.

He also has the potential to be an ace up the sleeve from the bench with unpredictability to win a game.

Then basically passes it into the keepers arms. Yeah I remember the passage of play you're talking about. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Beats his man with a dummy for him to cut straight back on his left to where the defender is still standing. 

Unfortunately I just can't seem to get onbiard with this signing. He would of been better signed as loan player and saved up for someone we really wanted. 

He got crowded out for that first chance simple as. It wasnt a poor touch or anything just city defending well. Strange how you pick that out as a negative. But then sounds like youve been negative about him from the start. From what I have seen so far I think he's going to be a great asset this season.

He seems like that classic winger type who does a few things that are pure silk and a load of things that are pretty erratic/bizarre/poor.

He is very poor defensively against the better side defensively at the moment. Hopefully that improves with PL game time as with Luiz etc. If it doesn’t he may end up being a Conor type player. Ie one that plays against the mid table and weaker sides and we use Trez against the better teams. 

This kind of game demands Trez. Shame he was unfit.

They had a field day down our right as Traore wasn't cutting the mustard defensively. It was so bad that at one stage in the first half Grealish swapped with him to help Cash out.

19 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't really understand why El Ghazi didn't play today as he is much better defensively than Traoré. Traoré really needs to work on his defensive duties, now he is tracking back better than before, but he is still taking up wrong positions in defence almost all the time.

Might have been a fitness thing. 

32 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't really understand why El Ghazi didn't play today as he is much better defensively than Traoré. Traoré really needs to work on his defensive duties, now he is tracking back better than before, but he is still taking up wrong positions in defence almost all the time.

El Ghazi isn't exactly renowned for his defensive work either to be fair.

As a matter of fact it's been on of the gripes people have had with him for a while.

• Like 1

Considering how new he is to the team and country, i think he is doing very well, i cant believe people are writing him off after a handful of games, people need to look back to last season with regard to Konsa, Targett, Luiz etc.

I think he'll prove to be a cracking player for us over the next couple of seasons. As predictable as some seem to think he is he sure has a habit of being able to tie defenders in knots at times and he'll only improve as he gets more settled.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think he'll prove to be a cracking player for us over the next couple of seasons. As predictable as some seem to think he is he sure has a habit of being able to tie defenders in knots at times and he'll only improve as he gets more settled.

Definitely and people shouldn't get hung up on his defensive deficiencies. He's never going to be the best at that but we should embrace the talent he has and make the best use of it. 

Not sure why he's taking so much flak. Thought he played okay against probably the best side in the world on current form. He is erratic, yes, but he offers more than El Ghazi defensively and in the air. I'd rather see AEG used as more of a flat track bully against the weaker sides.

We'll just have to get used to the fact he's very left footed and doesn't always make great decisions (all our wingers are bad decision makers though). I think the languid demeanour makes him look lazier than he is - he's put in a good shift every time I've seen him play.

• Like 1

Â