Emiliano Martínez

hippo

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

EE74-ED73-C1-F8-4-EC8-91-E3-F07-FFE9513-

What. A. Save. 

16 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Just ****in WOW

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Started with both feet on the line too, didn't need the literal leg up that other keepers seem to.

I thought it was a really well taken penalty, not some soft, placed tap into the corner - makes the save ridiculously impressive. It will do his confidence and the squad confidence in him no end of good.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ve changed your tune. Has the Wilder love affair ended. Surely such an amazing manager doesn’t rely on a keeper that much?

They overachieved last season.

I just don't rate their squad. Doesn't make him a bad manager.

17th will be a success for them.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They overachieved last season.

I just don't rate their squad. Doesn't make him a bad manager.

17th will be a success for them.

I dunno man. I’m sure you and few others were saying Sheffield United were a quality team.  Can’t be bothered to look back though 

Anyway we’ve finally got a top keeper. Happy days!

Love him already, as others have said while it wasn't a great penalty (as nobody is realistically saving one of those) it was about as good as a saveable one is and he managed it. Even beyond that he hadn't got much to do but was so assured in doing so he made it look easier than it was.

Showed today why he was a necessary signing regardless of how far away Heaton is. Good goalkeepers win you points at this level and for much of last season we didn't have that luxury. I'd be massively surprised if we have a better signing this season.

53 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Love him already. Arguably just gained us 2 pts by himself. Less arguably he contributed to todays victory.

Throwing it out there...

Best debut for a Villa goalkeeper?

Yes. Beautiful man he is 👍

• Like 1

Â