Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, VillaChris said:

He'll be on the bench just like he was at Burnley behind Joe Hart in the season before he joined us. And play in the league cup if we're still in it when he's fit again.

Yeah.

Heaton is obviously a great keeper but i never felt he was a good fit in a Dean Smith team.

Because of his poor distribution. He is very much a Sean Dyche, Sam Allardyce type keeper. Hoofer.

I think £20m will genuinely end up looking like a bargain. Debut game and he's already saved us with that penalty, the man looks so confident. Looked very comfortable at playing out from the back as well which I like. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think £20m will genuinely end up looking like a bargain. Debut game and he's already saved us with that penalty, the man looks so confident. Looked very comfortable at playing out from the back as well which I like. 

Especially when you line up his transfer next to that of Kepas. 

It’s only one game, but you can see why Arsenal fans may be a little miffed. 

Ball getting played into his feet under pressure? All good. 
Hanging cross over defenders that our other keepers seem to have struggled with for an age? Yeah, he’ll catch that. 
Penalty? No problem. 

Very impressed. 

• Like 1

I mean does it even get better than this as a GK? Neur sweeper keeper is the only thing missing at this point I guess. If he plays like this consistently, I'd argue he's world class. That's the only thing the other top goalies have on him right now.

Â