Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I love this guy. Total gent. I so want him to be amazing and I think he will be. 5 years ago it was almost impossible to like/connect with any of our players. We now have a team full of people who we can really get on board with. I have no idea who my favourite player is anymore but in a very good way. UTV

i mean.

come on.

Ur fave is clearly Lansbury.

But thats only cus McCormack left, he was Villa thru and thru.

• Haha 1

I know we are all discerning Villa fans and I am not trying to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs......But the Goal keeper is so,so important......they breed confidence through the whole team.

Over the moon, with this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I know we are all discerning Villa fans and I am not trying to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs......But the Goal keeper is so,so important......they breed confidence through the whole team.

Over the moon, with this one.

A solid keeper is worth an extra 10 points a season. We’ve suffered for a long time with weak keepers.

• Like 1

Great news for Emi, it feels pretty good to have our players called up for both Brazil and Argentina now. I hope the experience motivates him even more to become the best he can be. I’d love to be a fly on the wall when he tells that Messi kid about the captain of the club he’s just joined. Messi will be in awe of just how skilful he sounds. 

• Like 2

On 18/09/2020 at 16:12, theboyangel said:

Who’d have thought we’d be fielding both Brazilian and Argentinian international players?!?

A little over a year ago we had Elphick and Bjarnasson! Mad turnaround.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2020 at 19:54, MaVilla said:

i mean.

come on.

Ur fave is clearly Lansbury.

But thats only cus McCormack left, he was Villa thru and thru.

You joke about Lansbury, but by all accounts he's will liked in the dressing room. He sounds like a real good guy.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

You joke about Lansbury, but by all accounts he's will liked in the dressing room. He sounds like a real good guy.

I don't care whether he is liked in the dressing room, so was Richards.

The guy had a 4 or 5 year contract with us on silly money, and has barely played any games due to injury issues, fitness issues, and basically being terrible.

He's almost richards levels of a waste of money.

He may be a wonderful and beautiful  petal, but I'm pretty sure we don't need to spend millions to have nice dudes in the dressing room, who offer literally zero on the pitch.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

He is apparently 6ft 5ins tall so a real big presence in goal for us now. 

I don't know about others but last season I didn't see anything about Heaton that made me feel we had a great goalkeeper. Don't get me wrong, he looked solid. But, nothing spectacular. I'm hoping Martinez has that wow factor that fills us all with confidence in him. More importantly, the defence needs to have that confidence in him. 

Edited by Villarocker

Â