Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s everything we hoped he’d be (or were told he’d be). I love him already! 

Quite an inspired signing for my FPL team too with 13 pts. 

I was so set on putting him in before GW1 but signing confirmation didn't come and went Targett in defence instead

He was brilliant and it shows how important it has been that Purslow/Lange/Smith waited for their number one target instead of panicking and buying someone else just because ideally players would have been bought earlier. Quite the change compared to last summer, although  they had their backs against the wall back then, so it's understandable. 

Watkins, Rashica, Cash ( or perhaps Trippier? ) also seem to be plan A signings and it shows. Traore might have been too considering how quickly it happened and the lack of links to other right sided midfielders. 

Just imagine that when Heaton is back we have two legitimate contenders for a number 1 shirt (although Martinez should keep it) it's such a world away from having to rely on Nyland. Long may that continue, great debut.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good distribution too.

Both kicking and throwing. There was one where he overarm hurled a MAHOOSIVE throw out to (I think) Trez on the right flank, almost at the halfway line - right to his feet. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Both kicking and throwing. There was one where he overarm hurled a MAHOOSIVE throw out to (I think) Trez on the right flank, almost at the halfway line - right to his feet. 

Yes!

For so long I have waited for us to have a goalkeeper like this.

Too many times over the years I've seen us break away from an opposition corner or set piece, only for everything to clear and see the goaly still standing there holding onto the f***** ball!

Such tactical nouse from Martinez could work out to be quite crucial. I'm impressed by what I've seen overall.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He's confident in his ability right now and it showed. Can't ask for much more than that - did everything he needed to and more on his debut, despite not being tested too much. 

I don't think that's right. They have to have a very frequent testing regime to comply with Coronavirus rules. 

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He is Romero. Full name Damián Emiliano Martínez Romero

Someone on here reasonably assumed all the ITKs that said we were in for Romero may have stemmed from this

Well, that could be the case then. But glad we got him rather Manchester United’s Romero.

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Again only one game but if he continues like this it does make you wonder how we pulled this off. (KW gif).  Especially when you look at Chelsea’s keeper.

tumblr_os966iiDlU1rchkzlo4_250.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

He seems more than happy to pass it around the back line, over the course of the season that calmness should really help with our ball retention, we really need to improve at moving the ball up the field without the classic bruce ball hoof up the top where 9/10 it just comes back at you straight away, we might hold on to a few more leads this season with that approach.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He is Romero. Full name Damián Emiliano Martínez Romero

Someone on here reasonably assumed all the ITKs that said we were in for Romero may have stemmed from this

That's his full name? I was wondering why Google had him listed as D. Martinez. I thought they'd done him dirty.

Â