Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Both kicking and throwing. There was one where he overarm hurled a MAHOOSIVE throw out to (I think) Trez on the right flank, almost at the halfway line - right to his feet. 

Good control from Trez too, but he only ended up passing it back. Imagine if we had someone more dangerous like Rashica, Martinez' distribution could be that much more helpful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Both kicking and throwing. There was one where he overarm hurled a MAHOOSIVE throw out to (I think) Trez on the right flank, almost at the halfway line - right to his feet. 

I audibly gasped at that throw. I can't even kick a ball that far.

Not that that's saying much, but still. I was impressed.

• Like 1

Terrific debut, made me feel at ease when he was dealing with crosses coming in or he had the ball at his feet, just looked so calm and assured with a big presence.

Also, I put him in my dream team a few days before he signed for us so thrilled to bits with the penalty save and the clean sheet.

Reminds me of Buffon too with the short sleeves, let's hope he can become even half the keeper! 

• Like 1

Just now, Gompedyret said:

One of the small, ongoing pleasures throughout the season might just be Arsenal fans publicly wondering if they sold the wrong keeper.

Or publicly bidding £90m to get him back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

One of the small, ongoing pleasures throughout the season might just be Arsenal fans publicly wondering if they sold the wrong keeper.

In fairness, I don’t think Arse fans or the club itself wanted to sell. Martinez was obviously ‘well set’ with a decent contract surrounded by his work ‘family’. Credit to Emi that he’s enough belief in himself to no longer accept being second choice. Long may Villa and Emi benefit from that confidence! 

I must admit i was worried after he saved it.

When De Gea saved the Palace penalty it had to be re-taken because De Gea went over his line before the kick was taken.

You just never know what will happen these days with these new rules and VAR.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

Unfortunately it doesnt show all his touches......but still....better than nothing.

He got some hospital passes given to him and dealt with them like a boss.

I think overall, it was as assured a goalkeeping display i have seen in a villa shirt for many years. (granted he didnt have to do much, but everything he did, he did with complete assurance and confidence)

Edited by MaVilla

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I dunno man. I’m sure you and few others were saying Sheffield United were a quality team.  Can’t be bothered to look back though 

Anyway we’ve finally got a top keeper. Happy days!

what was said was.....They are tough, durable and hard to beat.......and they are, and the game exemplified it.

It wasn't a game for the purists, but the pragmatists like me, was pleased.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, TRO said:

what was said was.....They are tough, durable and hard to beat.......and they are, and the game exemplified it.

It wasn't a game for the purists, but the pragmatists like me, was pleased.

to be honest, i think to say they are only a "hard working team" is doing them a dis-service, the few attacks they did have, some of their interchanges and progress up the field made some of our play look positively amateurish.

Berge looks like a good player, would have liked him at Villa..... :(

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

to be honest, i think to say they are only a "hard working team" is doing them a dis-service, the few attacks they did have, some of their interchanges and progress up the field made some of our play look positively amateurish.

Berge looks like a good player, would have liked him at Villa..... :(

I agree.....but we are talking about their main feature....yes the do have some good passages of play.....it was a good win for us.

I too like Berge a good No 8

I say it again....If we had played in the manner Sheff Utd did, the media would have been all over us, with criticisms.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Anybody else think he looks like Russell Kane?

image.jpeg.89fb883a38f0a738ddf9215922baf13a.jpeg

H........E.......L.......L....O!!!!!!!

I never noticed him.....what a film star, she is.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.....but we are talking about their main feature....yes the do have some good passages of play.....it was a good win for us.

I too like Berge a good No 8

I say it again....If we had played in the manner Sheff Utd did, the media would have been all over us, with criticisms.

ye prob.

tbh, dont care, 3 points are 3 points, and we need as many of them as possible :)

• Like 1

Â