Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I wonder actually how often managers even talk about plans regarding the keeper going forward at the end of a game or whether they practice for the scenario in training.  It always seems like an off-the-cuff thing but if it is something that Emery and Martinez have worked on and he ignored it then fair enough he was in the wrong, if not just file it away with yesterday's jam and enjoy having one of the best keepers in the world.  We saw two of his biggest rivals make monumental cock ups last night far worse than Emi has made.  It's a tough job being a keeper and anyone we will be able to sign will be a massive downgrade like with Jack.

18 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Understood, but Martinez's desperation to not lose can't be overlooked. Surely only the manager (if true) would be worrying how this score might look. A last gasp draw would've felt like a win against the league leaders and a roar must have gone up with Martinez going up for the corner. Bloke's a hero. It didn't work out. So be it.

er, No I worry too, how the score might look.

I could write a massive piece, of how much , I am happy with Martinez....but the chances of him scoring against conceding, was loaded in favour of us conceding imo, and the managers opinion.

Its subjective, I accept that.

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He's not on his own.

I also think 2-4 is a tad more embarrassing than 2-3.......one sounds like a tight game, and the other a battering.....perceptions can play a part.

Confidence is a fragile thing to build, and huge scores against evaporates it.

message to one of the comments

cartoon bomb.jpg

Edited by TRO

given we aren't in a position where goal differential will be used to determine relegation/europe places I don't understand why this is still an issue. one additional head in the box is one more opportunity to get the goal we needed, the 4th goal didn't make it any more of a loss than the 3rd did.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

given we aren't in a position where goal differential will be used to determine relegation/europe places I don't understand why this is still an issue. one additional head in the box is one more opportunity to get the goal we needed, the 4th goal didn't make it any more of a loss than the 3rd did.

Has been a dramatic overreaction from our fanbase as usual, for me Emery was misquoted. Was people on here wanting Emi gone after winning the World Cup because a. His attitude was poor or b. We cant afford to keep good players

• Like 2

Once he got the yellow I knew we had the game in the bag. Also, I've seen rumors he is going to win FIFA Keeper of the year. Would be amazing seeing a Villa player on that stage. 

Â