Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I thought you were being really touchy, but I read it, he finally gets mentioned half way down, isn't included in any of the photos, comes after most of the women's award winners, and this is all they have to say about him:rolleyes:

It's ridiculous honestly, when I looked at the article I really didn't want to be touchy about it but it's so obvious and triggering.

If he does go. I really don't want a keeper who "can play" but can't do anything else.

Emi saves almost everything you expect him to, and a decent proportion of shots you think he won't get near.

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Just looking at the sky sports article.

He's not mentioned in the headline at all.

They really do hate us, if it were Nick Pope at Newcastle his name would be present and in bold and italics.

Been in my van all morning & not once heard Talksport mention this even on the hourly news bulletins & yep if any of the top 6 or Newcastle you can bet they'd be all over it ... 

4 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I think so—certainly in my lifetime. Who comes close?? Poll time? Could any of the older heads give a shout to anyone, like Jimmy Rimmer maybe?

Nobody in goal for Villa. Rimmer was brilliant but never in a conversation for worlds number one. None of our keepers have been until now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Translates to: "Hopefully he goes to one of those great teams, until now he has his head in Aston Villa. Emery asks him not to leave, to please stay at Aston Villa. He loves it."

If Dibu leaves and I see no indication that he wants to, nor does Emery seemingly want to sell, there’s no need to worry. We hold all the cards. 

Part of getting a top manager in includes dealing with situations like this. He either can convince a guy that loves it here that its worth sticking around for, or he weighs up what can be done with a big transfer kitty albeit losing a world class keeper; but his stock being higher than it’ll ever get to. To be a manager. I think he should stay, and I think a big part of Emi thinks that way too

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why?

I think they money can be used to improve our squad.

Controversial opinion.. But.. I don’t see the benefit of having a world class goalkeeper if we’re a mid table club trying to break the top 10 - 8.

If we had a world class striker or midfielder then we would have to keep him 100% and build a squad around that player.. 

Â