Josh King

JPAngel

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

But actually I do find the dismissal of King quite amusing, much as I did with the Wilson link. Seemed to be very few against Watkins though despite the fact that he is as much as if not more than a risk than King or Wilson.

Unless we're getting Edouard, Tammy, Belotti, someone of that calibre, then King would be a reasonable signing. Think we need another forward on top but it's a start at least. 

This is the calibre I hoped we would be buying.

Watkins, King, et al don't fill me with any enthusiasm, never mind belief.

Still time, of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If we are in for King then I wonder if we were ever in for Wilson. Leaks to journos are usually more along the lines of “got a £17m bid in for a striker from Bournemouth” - but maybe King was always that striker. Anyway as I was saying the other day I’d prefer it to Wilson but I hope it’s alongside further addition to the forward line either as a striker (as King can play wide) or otherwise.

Reminds me of Piatek last January, snowballed when we really spoke to Milan over Reina

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

I personally feel Wesley would get these numbers. 

Agreed .8, 12, 6... rate aligns with Wes given his number of appearances.

However, i feel like King offers more all round and is ready now.  Wesley is a good few months away from first team football, has no guarantees he'll come back as good as he was (which many would claim was not very good at all), and is still a developing prospect.

We need someone, and due to FFP we have to extract as much value from signings as possible. Maybe King is relatively cheap and offers a solution that allows us to sign an expensive right winger. 

18 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Gabby Agbonlahor - 322 games played, 74 goals scored. Scoring percentage 23%.

Josh King - 161 games played, 48 goals scored. Scoring percentage 29%. 

Gabby stole a living the last 5 seasons. Thanks for pointing this out. Both bang average 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gabby stole a living the last 5 seasons. Thanks for pointing this out. Both bang average 

When they are comparing him to agbonlahor you know they are clutching at straws, agbonlahor did nothing the last few seasons, So for the comparison is wasted, when he 1st broke into the team he was superb

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is the calibre I hoped we would be buying.

Watkins, King, et al don't fill me with any enthusiasm, never mind belief.

Still time, of course.

If we wait all summer and end up with one of them (plus a top quality winger) it will have been worth the anxious wait.

If we don't it will have been an uninspiring window at best. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Gabby Agbonlahor - 322 games played, 74 goals scored. Scoring percentage 23%.

Josh King - 161 games played, 48 goals scored. Scoring percentage 29%. 

Sorry but to compare this is just embarrassing, agbonlahor did nothing but steal a living the last few years at villa

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nearly every single Bournemouth fan thinks King is a lot better than Wilson on twitter. That's encouraging. 

I trust my own eyes last 4 seasons. King is peak mediocrity compared to Watkins and Edouard links

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nearly every single Bournemouth fan thinks King is a lot better than Wilson on twitter. That's encouraging. 

Isn't saying much.

I don't really rate either of them.

That being said it's an upgrade on Samatta.

I think I'm inching toward the getting worried camp. I'm too nervous to check the voracity of this link but I've managed to pick the word Percy, and also, I *think* I just took in his scoring figures above.... surely Samatta could get us more than 6 goals across a season, and Wesley scored 6 in half a season. Is King a winger , or a striker? Sorry, I know I could just look myself, but I'm growing disheartened.

Josh King is a good player, and one I’ve always liked for us to sign. However, I’d be disappointed if he’s the only attacker we sign this summer. King in addition to i.e. Ollie Watkins, I’d be very pleased. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

"barely better" than Samagoal and Davis. They are both run of the mill decent PL strikers and they are lightyears ahead of what we have.
Shall we just sit on our ****S waiting for this mythical moneyball superstar?

If we sign Josh King for 16m and decent wages and he scores this season 6 goals including penalties like last season he will be slaughtered by Villa fans on this forum. Wes scores 5 and got slaughtered. 

I’m all for buying a striker, I’m actually desperate but buying somebody for the sake of it is plain stupid.

It’s a No from me!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Josh King is a good player, and one I’ve always liked for us to sign. However, I’d be disappointed if he’s the only attacker we sign this summer. King in addition to i.e. Ollie Watkins, I’d be very pleased. 

Edouard over King, aswell as Ollie Watkins and I would be even more happier.

The showing of intent this season needs to come from somewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If we sign Josh King for 16m and decent wages and he scores this season 6 goals including penalties like last season he will be slaughtered by Villa fans on this forum. Wes scores 5 and got slaughtered. 

I’m all for buying a striker, I’m actually desperate but buying somebody for the sake of it is plain stupid.

It’s a No from me!

Same here, I'd rather put all my eggs in one great big Tammy basket, everyone has a price, everyone. Enough of taking punts on these 10-20m shots.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

Â