Josh King

JPAngel

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Totally agree. Suso took the flak for our poor season but did find us a few good uns and was operating in a very difficult situation given we had just been promoted and had to buy a lot of players. Lange is in a better position to find us players but doesn't seem to be doing anything.

On King, he's better than what we have but I agree it's a bit of an average signing. Depends who else we bring on top of him.

image.png.e86344e1f7b46be07a820e7ff2f5c180.png.e6dff58575748b4b87372bc3162dcd0c.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Totally agree. Suso took the flak for our poor season but did find us a few good uns and was operating in a very difficult situation given we had just been promoted and had to buy a lot of players. Lange is in a better position to find us players but doesn't seem to be doing anything.

On King, he's better than what we have but I agree it's a bit of an average signing. Depends who else we bring on top of him.

Lange is not head of recruitment!!

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh gawd not another separate page on  a potential signing. Expect 50 pages discussing the pros and cons with Kenneth Williams gifs.

7 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

image.png.e86344e1f7b46be07a820e7ff2f5c180.png.e6dff58575748b4b87372bc3162dcd0c.png

24 minutes for the first one. What was the hold up?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

A really excellent player on his day and far superior to Wilson, can't believe the number of people turning their nose up at this!

This excites me the most out of all the links so far this summer, and the one I want to happen the most

• Like 3

A proven PL goalscorer in an up and coming national team with arguably one of the best forwards in the game next to him (they trashed Northern Ireland last night). I don't get the negative comments on here.

Also a good friend to John Carew. I'm sure John will sort any mentality issues out. On his day he's like a smaller JC, quick, extremely strong and decent with both feet.

A big no to King for me. He is injury prone, does not score enough goals and seems like a bit of a prick to me. Has a habit of being rude and defensive when approached by media in Norway. And no, they're nothing like the british tabloids.

If we were to buy a norwegian striker, I'd much rather prefer Alexander Sørloth, who partnered up brilliantly with Haaland yesterday, scoring two goals against Northern Ireland. He's four years younger than King and a better player. Top scorer in the turkish league this season, the only place he hasn't done well, is in 18/19 with Palace, who still owns him. Could be a tricky bit of business, since Trabzonspor has an option-to-buy clause.

Edited by Runerene
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

A proven PL goalscorer in an up and coming national team with arguably one of the best forwards in the game next to him (they trashed Northern Ireland last night). I don't get the negative comments on here.

Also a good friend to John Carew. I'm sure John will sort any mentality issues out. On his day he's like a smaller JC, quick, extremely strong and decent with both feet.

With him on the bench for most of the game while Sörloth played.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's Rob Mackenzie is it not?

It certainly is. Rob is probably our second choice scapegoat. Until the season gets underway then we can dip into our player pool or go straight for the jugular and blame Smith. 

2 minutes ago, Runerene said:

A big no to King for me. He is injury prone, does not score enough goals and seems like a bit of a prick to me. Has a habit of being rude and defensive when approached by media in Norway. And no, they're nothing like the british tabloids.

Has played 31 games or more every season except last season. Not really injury prone 

He has had 1 injury in 4 seasons 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It certainly is. Rob is probably our second choice scapegoat. Until the season gets underway then we can dip into our player pool or go straight for the jugular and blame Smith. 

Anyone would think you want Smith to get the chop. 

get out gtfo GIF

10 minutes ago, Runerene said:

But probably more diplomatic than Gascoigne?

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Not for me, most of his goals are from the spot, if he’s playing up front we are in for another season of struggle 

12 out of his 48 PL goals have been penalties so thats 36 goals from open play in 161 PL games (obviously he's not played 90 mins in a lot of those). Also has 15 assists.

According to the PL site only 1 of those goals was a header.

That's not teriible but it's not starting striker for us level either.

Edited by sne

11 minutes ago, Runerene said:

I'm sure you know more about him than I do but I've not seen him as injury prone thus far? 

He missed 12 Prem games last season, 3 in the season before, 5 before that, 2 before that and 7 in his first Prem season. I'd argue Grealish is more injury prone than him!

Â