Josh King

JPAngel

17 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I don't get the negative comments on here.

The negative comments stems from him being a bang average player.

As have been mentioned before he is hardly scoring goals apart from pens.

Would much rather have Wilson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

12 out of his 48 PL goals have been penalties so thats 36 goals from open play in 161 PL games (obviously he's not played 90 mins in a lot of those). Also has 15 assists.

According to the PL site only 1 of those goals was a header.

That's not teriible but it's not starting striker for us level either.

Exactly we need better to be playing up front than king 

11 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Not for me, most of his goals are from the spot, if he’s playing up front we are in for another season of struggle 

I don’t think that’s the case. I did a google and I think he’s only scored 10 Premier League penalties, so I don’t think that’s most of his goals, or even a quarter. Also, I’m sure lots of good strikers and forwards have their tallies increased by penalties... that’s why they want to take them.

Just now, Zatman said:

He is not a central striker

Tbf looking at Transfermarkt according to them he's played the majority of games at Bournemouth as central forward or as second striker while also filling in at LW and the odd game at RW

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think that’s the case. I did a google and I think he’s only scored 10 Premier League penalties, so I don’t think that’s most of his goals, or even a quarter. Also, I’m sure lots of good strikers and forwards have their tallies increased by penalties... that’s why they want to take them.

12 out of 48 PL goals from the spot. Missed 2. Only 1 goal was a header fwiw.

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Not too bad numbers wise. Difficult to judge anyone from Bournemouth from last season after a poor season overall for them. 

Decent return for a wide forward. 

I personally feel Wesley would get these numbers. 

Just now, Zatman said:

I dont understand this penalty bashing. They are still goals, he won a few himself that he scored

Because it hides the fact he doesn’t score many in open play and people are getting his scoring figures up thinking he scores a few, when in fact he doesnt

I think if he comes in he strengthens us for the next few seasons. We can then have a solid solution for our first few games if we are not progressing with other targets. He also provides versatility and in training our players will have a different type of player to play against and learn from. After looking into his record and ability I think he'd be ok for a few seasons.

Edit - penalty bashing is a silly argument because we still get 3 points! What if he missed them? That's more concerning imo. Shows he has bottle. He won a fair few of them himself.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He’s played most of the times up front for Bournemouth and on the left in some games

He played off the main striker Grabban, Wilson or Solanke as Bournemouth played 2 up top

If Bournemouth went to one striker it was always King

6 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Do we have a head of recruitment? I genuinely thought Lange had been brought in to replace Suso.

Highly-rated Mackenzie is joining from Belgian club OH Leuven and will work alongside new sporting director Johan Lange as the club's head of recruitment.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â