Josh King

JPAngel

There must be better value than paying 20M for 28 year old who has scored 3 goals from open play during last season. C.Wilson I would have understood as short term solution. Still hoping that this is total media speculation and Lange will soon work "his magic".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vazquez said:

There must be better value than paying 20M for 28 year old who has scored 3 goals from open play during last season. C.Wilson I would have understood as short term solution. Still hoping that this is total media speculation and Lange will soon work "his magic".

Same price as James Rodriquez. However I dread to think what wages he is on at Everton. But at least they had the sense of giving him a 2 year contract, unlike the mental 5 year one Newcastle have given to Wilson.

59 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Because it hides the fact he doesn’t score many in open play and people are getting his scoring figures up thinking he scores a few, when in fact he doesnt

"doesn't score in open play"

He seems a whole lot better at tapins than our bumbling forwards.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

"doesn't score in open play"

He seems a whole lot better at tapins than our bumbling forwards.

I said he doesn’t score many from open play not that he doesn’t score from open play

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

I said he doesn’t score many from open play not that he doesn’t score from open play

He's scored more from open play than pens, so I don't see your point here. In fact he seems to put away chances that our forwards struggle with in almost every game. 

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

He's scored more from open play than pens, so I don't see your point here. In fact he seems to put away chances that our forwards struggle with in almost every game. 

My point is, he isn’t very good, without his pens his scoring record would look even worse

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Same price as James Rodriquez. However I dread to think what wages he is on at Everton. But at least they had the sense of giving him a 2 year contract, unlike the mental 5 year one Newcastle have given to Wilson.

Imagine Rodriguez plays a blinder for 2 seasons and leaves on a free? No one will be saying it was good then, more like a waster of 22million

You sometimes need to protect your investment, equally this is why I don't want us spending big money on people in this age bracket. 

53 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I mean AEG gets moaned at for being shit. He scored 4 and assisted 4 last season....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Imagine Rodriguez plays a blinder for 2 seasons and leaves on a free? No one will be saying it was good then, more like a waster of 22million

You sometimes need to protect your investment, equally this is why I don't want us spending big money on people in this age bracket. 

Its a 2 yr deal,  with a  offer to extend for another year. By then he will be 32 anyway.

I will be surprised to still see Wilson at Newcastle in 3 years time. They will be paying clubs to take him on loan in the Championship.

Edited by The Fun Factory

15 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

My point is, he isn’t very good, without his pens his scoring record would look even worse

Gabby Agbonlahor - 322 games played, 74 goals scored. Scoring percentage 23%.

Josh King - 161 games played, 48 goals scored. Scoring percentage 29%. 

• Haha 2

If we are in for King then I wonder if we were ever in for Wilson. Leaks to journos are usually more along the lines of “got a £17m bid in for a striker from Bournemouth” - but maybe King was always that striker. Anyway as I was saying the other day I’d prefer it to Wilson but I hope it’s alongside further addition to the forward line either as a striker (as King can play wide) or otherwise.

Â