Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Genuinley stunned at the absolute revisionism around Wesley in this thread!

At times he looked decent, others he looked poor, quite often he looked quite lazy as well.

But now following a serious ACL injury added to his already wonky legs he is going to come back as the second coming of Messi?

Ok lads😂

He's decent, may be a solid back up option if he does come back and hit ground running, never going to be a starting CF for a top half team

I generally agree with your point but the bit in bold could also be applied to Wilson (whose thread this is!) 

We need a genuine first choice forward. Wes probably isn't it and neither is Wilson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

Probably just read the same rumour article I did yesterday which said Wilson prefers move to Newcastle. Hope this true. Classic Bruce signing

I wanted us to sign him a few years ago when Sherwood was manager but not sure now. I like him I just wonder whether injuries have taken the edge off his game. But he was better than Wesley when he was at his best. 

Would do for me along with Watkins. That should put some competition up front and take the pressure of big Wes to give him time to come back fit. Samatta could then get some game time in the reserves to get his confidence back. And then we could loan out Davis to a club like  Preston. Job done.

• Like 2

I've come around to the idea of signing Wilson, especially if it's only for £15m. You can't really argue with that value. Even if he doesn't score many goals for us, what he gives us is a bit of shithousery. He's good at the dirty little fouls and I think has the right mentality needed when you're closing out games.

• Like 1

If we do go for Wilson and Watkins what is striking is the similarities between the two of them in the way they play. Both quick, strong, technically decent all round type strikers capable of getting the fox in the box goals, longer range efforts and headers. 

The main difference of course is Premier League experience. If we did buy both (which seems hard to believe but who knows) it offers a way for Watkins to learn the craft of being a striker in the Premier League from someone who knows a bit about it and without having the pressure of carrying us goals wise as Wesley did last year. Would be a smart albeit incredibly expensive approach. 

Edited by villaglint

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bring Wilson and Watkins in, get rid of Samatta and Wesley. 

Massive upgrade. 

If we could sell them and get some money back yeah absolutely. Doubt it thou.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bring Wilson and Watkins in, get rid of Samatta and Wesley. 

Massive upgrade. 

Getting rid of Samatta and Wesley (Moreso Wesley) so early would be ridiculous for a number of reasons.

I say yes, get those 2, but keep at least Wesley. I know your feelings on him but fact is, he is more useful than people give him credit for and never even got a season under his belt.

Could very much benefit from extended settling in, training time and less pressure coming off the bench, cup games etc.

I actually.wouldnt mind having all 4, formation flexibility and squad depth etc..

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2