Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Much happier with getting Wilson if this is true, my biggest concern among other things was that £20m was a lot, but at that fee it's not a bad shout, even if with the add ons it does go up to £20m, because at least that means he's done well and already shut up my doubts. Especially if we get Watkins too, as I'm not sure I'd be happy if this is an alternative to Watkins.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

I really don't think we are getting Wilson and Watkins. It's either or. I think we've firmed up our interest in Wilson because we are 2 weeks out from Sheffield United with no striker in who's an upgrade on what we have. Brentford have been extremely difficult to negotiate with and there's no way and they shouldn't i believe pay the reported 28 million they are looking for Watkins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Still don't know how to feel about this, if it was wilson AND watkins fine, not sure i would be happy with wilson instead of watkins.

It sounds like we do want both, rather than it being one or the other. Obviously we can't say for sure until the window has closed, but the way things are going I expect them both to be Villa players.

• Like 1

17 vs 15+5 in addons is virtually no different from an FFP perspective. Both values get spread over the length of the contract we offer, which would presumably be at least 3 years. So your looking at 5m per year vs 5.66m per year.  Then with the 5m option you have an unknown additional cost that may or may not get factored in at all. I don't think for one second that that would be a sticking point in this negotiation. 

Edited by MrBlack

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Worth it just to depress the geordies even more - their twitter feed will be something else today..

I dont want us to be linked to the Premier League/Richard Keys conspiracy against Newcastle 😜

• Haha 1