Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

NUFC fans at this second are tracking Ashley's plane, it took off from Bournemouth about half an hour ago headed to Newcastle - they think Wilson is on it. 

Knowing Ashley he probably just flew down to get a breakfast kebab, maybe brought a 2nd one for Steve

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If Wilson scores 8-10 goals that keep us in the league then £15-£17m is a no brainer. A short term deal that helps us sustain PL football. He’d come with a point to prove even if he had questionable injury records. 

Wont be short term deal though, he is 28 and probably wants a 4 or 5 year contract

• Like 3

I reckon it's a smart move. With the money generated by staying in this league and finishing higher up the table, paying 15 to 17 million for a guy who could get you 10 to 15 goals - it pays for itself. People need to realise this - we aren't shopping at the top table of English or European football. And if simply was all about wealth, then why have we not been able to land Rodriguez, Doucoure or Allan ? Everton have earned the right to attract these players because they've performed better than us and were doing well in the PL whilst we were in the championship.. 3 of the last 5 years we've not been in the premier league. We've to earn the right to sign top talent, i think. 

• Thanks 1

It's not ideal when your signings are either from the championship OR from teams relegated into the championship. It has to be a mix. If we sign Cash, Watkins and Wilson I'd say we are certain for a relegation fight. 

If you buy for the championship, you end up in the championship. 

There's always exceptions to the rule, but the problem is that it's unlikely you end up buying the exceptions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not ideal when your signings are either from the championship OR from teams relegated into the championship. It has to be a mix. If we sign Cash, Watkins and Wilson I'd say we are certain for a relegation fight. 

If you buy for the championship, you end up in the championship. 

There's always exceptions to the rule, but the problem is that it's unlikely you end up buying the exceptions. 

oh come on jim carrey GIF

Just now, villalad21 said:

How about you prioritize Watkins Villa?

This will be yet another Maupay situation.

How do you know they're not prioritising Watkins? Or someone even better for that matter?

Transfers are not completed in order of priority.

• Like 1

So wilson scored 7 goals in 35 appearances last season and we want him. (1 in 5)

Wesley scored 5 goals in 21 appearances last season and some on here say he's rubbish and we should get rid (1 in 4).

I'm confused.

• Thanks 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

So wilson scored 7 goals in 35 appearances last season and we want him. (1 in 5)

Wesley scored 5 goals in 21 appearances last season and some on here say he's rubbish and we should get rid (1 in 4).

I'm confused.

They are both not good enough for where we want to be.