Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But Tammy and Edouard aren’t the only options out there that are better than Wilson. If that’s our extensive recruitment research we have a problem or that is the final result from our research we have a major problem.  My seven year old nephew would be better at our recruitment research.

Give us some names

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, if you're judging the scouting team by what the newspapers are reporting I think that's well wide of the mark. We really have no clue what we're doing behind the scenes and who are targets are.

These were names thrown up in the boradsheets like the Telegraph and even on the BBC and Sky Sports. Not trash like the Sun or Star. So I do feel there is more credibility there as they would have connections to people at the club. 

I'm still hoping they pull something unexpected out the hat though. I'd never heard of Douglas Luiz when he was announced last summer, but he's now one of our key players for sure. We need another type of signing like him as well as a household name if poss.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wilson got more yellow cards than goals last season and scored 1 after football resumed and scored 3 goals after October while playing nearly every game

He also scored 8 overall in 2911 minutes, the much criticized Trezeguet got 6 Premier League goals in 1951 minutes

According to Transfermarkt which is normally pretty accurate:

Calum Wilson - 28

Premier league appearances: 126

Premier League Goals: 41

Premier League Assists: 16

Danny Ings - 28

PLA: 111

PL Goals: 43

Assists: 9

Before last season his highest was 11 PLGs a season. 

Both players have similar records, everyone would want Ings I’m sure. Yes Wilson had a poor season last year, but he would still be a good addition to our team. 

If we add a good winger (Which again I’m sure we’re all hoping) then Wilson would be a good move in my eyes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

These were names thrown up in the boradsheets like the Telegraph and even on the BBC and Sky Sports. Not trash like the Sun or Star. So I do feel there is more credibility there as they would have connections to people at the club. 

I'm still hoping they pull something unexpected out the hat though. I'd never heard of Douglas Luiz when he was announced last summer, but he's now one of our key players for sure. We need another type of signing like him as well as a household name if poss.

Sky Sports is as trash as the Sun and Star

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Sky Sports usually fairly accurate in my experience 👍

pretty sure they have said all summer that Jadon Sancho will be a United player, still waiting. Not to mention the Messi crap at moment

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

According to Transfermarkt which is normally pretty accurate:

Calum Wilson - 28

Premier league appearances: 126

Premier League Goals: 41

Premier League Assists: 16

Danny Ings - 28

PLA: 111

PL Goals: 43

Assists: 9

Before last season his highest was 11 PLGs a season. 

Both players have similar records, everyone would want Ings I’m sure. Yes Wilson had a poor season last year, but he would still be a good addition to our team. 

If we add a good winger (Which again I’m sure we’re all hoping) then Wilson would be a good move in my eyes. 

Last summer very few would have wanted Ings, even as a promoted club. His record PL season was 11 goals fir Burnley and he was constantly injured. Not too dissimilar to Wilson. 

Like Ings, Wilson is a risk no doubt. But there is a chance he could be really good. I have a hunch he could could do very well here here but we'll have to see.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

pretty sure they have said all summer that Jadon Sancho will be a United player, still waiting. Not to mention the Messi crap at moment

I haven't followed both stories with much interest, but it's obvious Sancho is United's top target. They can't help it if Man Yoo's negotiating team is terrible.

22 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Give us some names

That isn’t my job, that why we pay a lot of money to a recruitment team. Do you seriously, in your heart, believe that Callum Wilson is the best we could get?  We have money for both fee and wages, we play in the premier league, we just don’t have a great reputation at the moment apart from our history but I seriously think there are better quality strikers out there than Callum Wilson that would come to the Villa and it’s our recruitment teams job to find them. I hope they do. 

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I wonder what on Earth Lange has been brought in for, he doesn't exactly seem to be throwing up any interesting hidden gems from what I can see or suggesting any leftfield players we could take a look at. 

Lange is our sporting director, like most people I don’t know the finer details or any details to be honest of his job and responsibilities. However our head of recruitment is Rob Mackenzie so I’d guess he is ultimately responsible for recruiting players, although I think it’s pretty much a team effort. If we think that the press have any idea who we’re looking at or that the club will be allowing any information along those lines to get out,  then we’re going to be very disappointed. 

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That isn’t my job, that why we pay a lot of money to a recruitment team. Do you seriously, in your heart, believe that Callum Wilson is the best we could get?  We have money for both fee and wages, we play in the premier league, we just don’t have a great reputation at the moment apart from our history but I seriously think there are better quality strikers out there than Callum Wilson that would come to the Villa and it’s our recruitment teams job to find them. I hope they do. 

I'll help :

Patson Daka,

Habib Diallo,

Shon Weissman (sold in this window)

Maxi Gomez,

Andre Silva, 

Sekou Koita

Mergim Berisha. 

These forwards will improve us. Obviously Weissman has been sold recently. I believe these guys are better than Callum Wilson. They also play the way Dean Smith wants his forward line to play i.e press from the front. 

The only one I haven't seen play is Habib Diallo. But @Villain4Life rates him so that's good enough for me. And I'm not sure on prices other than Daka allegedly has an £18m release clause. Haaland went for around £22m so it's believable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

Was there a specific injury that he's recently had or is it more of a case that he's seen as an injury-prone player?

The latter. His last injury was January 2019. He did both his cruciates though so it's not completely unfounded.

34 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'll help :

Patson Daka,

Habib Diallo,

Maxi Gomez,

Andre Silva, 

Sekou Koita

Mergim Berisha. 

These forwards will improve us. Obviously Weissman has been sold recently. I believe these guys are better than Callum Wilson. They also play the way Dean Smith wants his forward line to play i.e press from the front. 

The only one I haven't seen play is Habib Diallo. But @Villain4Life rates him so that's good enough for me. And I'm not sure on prices other than Daka allegedly has an £18m release clause. Haaland went for around £22m so it's believable.

Patson Daka looks incredible.

Problem is, aren;t bigger clubs after some of those mentioned above?

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Give us some names

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'll help :

Patson Daka,

Habib Diallo,

Maxi Gomez,

Andre Silva, 

Sekou Koita

Mergim Berisha. 

I'd also throw in a few others:

Fedor Chalov

Adolfo Gaich (think we were linked with him last summer, moved to CSKA Moscow this summer)

Berardi (though he is more of a winger)

Volland (just went to Monaco for around 11m)

Weghorst

Iheanacho (I'm not particularly keen on him, but would rather him over Wilson)

Edouard (would probably be my #1 target)

Would also echo Maxi Gomez as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1