Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

As it stands, we have samatta and Davis as our forward line up. Neither have shown they can score regularly.

We have a crocked wes who again hasn't shown he can score regularly.

Games will be far more densely packed with less recovery time. Also the 5 active subs thing will mean far greater chance of match time.

We need 2 forwards this window.

We do need 2, but only until Wesley is back,  unless we have written him off.  A loan, alongside a signing  would make a lot of sense if the right type of player was available. If not,  signing two, one of whom has played as a winger most of his career is perfectly sensible

I think wilson and wes would be a very goid partnership . Big man holding the ball ul for wilson.

Wilson knows where the back of the net is as well. Be very happy with that for 17m

Edited by Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I do.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

hmmmmmmmmmmmm that Yodel. He could have brought a winning $10,000 scratch card as he could see it as a winner or buy one more Yodel bar, the rest as they say is history

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We do need 2, but only until Wesley is back,  unless we have written him off.  A loan, alongside a signing  would make a lot of sense if the right type of player was available. If not,  signing two, one of whom has played as a winger most of his career is perfectly sensible

But we also want to create a solid team spirit, getting someone in on a loan without an option to buy seems something we would only do in desperate times.

38 premier league games plus cup games plus internationals means we need 4 forwards. Davis doesn't score so he needs to be discounted and moved on.

Edited by brummybloke

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm slightly baffled as to why Wilson is a priority assuming the Watkins interest is legit. 

Is Wesley permanently crocked? 

One can argue we need a striker, rw, cm/dm and ideally maybe a GK and lw as well. So if the Watkins saga nears and end, why and where would Wilson come into the team? You have to assume Watkins is signed to be a striker. 

Think Wesleys won't back as quickly as we hoped.

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

But we also want to create a solid team spirit, getting someone in on a loan without an option to buy seems something we would only do in desperate times.

38 premier league games plus cup games plus internationals means we need 4 forwards. Davis doesn't score so he needs to be discounted and moved on.

But signing too many such that we have a player sat around doing nothing when he turns from injury is worse for morale i'd argue. Either way,  agree that the quality of Davis is not sufficient,  and Samatta is a big question mark.

I think we need both Wilson and Watkins.

If the money is available, and it won't impact our ability to bring in other players, it makes much more sense to bring in both players.

As others have mentioned, if we only sign one of them and (frustratingly) he gets injured, we are back to Samatta and Davis until Wesley comes back from a very serious injury.

We should make the most of this window and give ourselves the best chance of avoiding a repeat of last season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think wilson and wes would be a very goid partnership . Big man holding the ball ul for wilson.

Wilson knows where the back of the net is as well. Be very happy with that for 17m

Except Smith plays 4-3-3 and not 4-4-1-1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It would give us options to play more than one way. We shouldn't be so predictable that we line up the same every time. Not that we did last season. 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But we now have another head coach who will have his visions and theories.

So while Deano has predominantly used 1 formation, I would imagine it will be more interchangeable than previously if it is not effective in certain games. Otherwise, if we pick our best team and its not working, we will lose each of those games.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And Sheffield United aren't predictable?

They are, they also didn't win 24 of their 38 games. 

I'm not saying having a settled formation is a bad thing, I'm saying it's good to have an alternative for when it's not working. Hardly some out there theory. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

How do you know Maupay has been average? How many Brighton games have you seen?

Or are you purely a stat merchant?

Not sure exactly how many. But never really impressed in the games I did. Scored 10 goals in 37 in a team that scored even less than we did. At Villa he would have been crucified.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably trying to shaft us for the money that Hawk-Eye won't pay them for Sheff Utd's disallowed goal against us.

Started when we laughed at them for handing them their first defeat, then they wanted revenge by getting us to overpay for Mings, then that as well, I guess. But they hate us.

• Like 1