Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you care to elaborate why you think this is?

I have done. I mean it’s as clear as day he wants a transfer to RBL. In my mind it’s the ONLY transfer on the table he wants.

Otherwise,  three weeks after the story broke why on earth isn’t he signed if he really wanted to sign for us.

Honestly, the phrase seeing wood for the trees comes to mind.....

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Meanwhile 

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear believes there will be "no challenge" in attracting high-profile players to his club this window. 

He told Sky Sports : "We know that players want to come and play for Leeds United in the Premier League, so I don’t think we are going to have any challenge in attracting the right players.

😀

I think he likes that word.

lBen White: Leeds will find it 'challenging' to sign Brighton defender, says Angus Kinnear

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair you are just guessing. It sounds like he favours a move to RB over us but the rest is guess work or speculation.

It’s a better guess than the one that there is some mysterious but very credible reason which explains why he hasn’t signed.....

As I’ve said it’s wasted energy to talk about Rashica coming to Villa right now.

If things change in our favour then brilliant as I’d love the player, but right now it’s a dead end.

I know it's a normal cliché to say you want to test yourself against European top teams when you move to a CL club, but I find that argument quite bizarre when it comes to not signing for a PL side outside CL. Don't the PL tend to have 4 teams in that competition? He'd arguably play more minutes against top sides for us than he would for most other clubs. 

If the arguement is the high profile of CL matches, the PL is the world's biggest stage for football. 

If it's the song before match that's important, well play him an mp3 or something. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Meanwhile 

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear believes there will be "no challenge" in attracting high-profile players to his club this window. 

He told Sky Sports : "We know that players want to come and play for Leeds United in the Premier League, so I don’t think we are going to have any challenge in attracting the right players.

😀

I mean, he's played a blinder here. If you define 'the right players' as 'players who want to come and play for Leeds' then every player that joins will by definition be the 'right player', so his statement is going to be categorically correct.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s a better guess than the one that there is some mysterious but very credible reason which explains why he hasn’t signed.....

Or

he wanted RB and waited until they got knocked out and thought they may spend their money on him and now they aren’t he’s looking at his other options ie us.

Not everything happens instantly like football manager games. It’s a big decision because the club he thought was going to, in a country he knew, who are playing champions league don’t want him enough.  Now he has to make a big life decision to move to a club that do want him but is in a foreign country and just avoided relegation.  Not a quick decision for anybody.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rayk said:

As I’ve said it’s wasted energy to talk about Rashica coming to Villa right now.

If things change in our favour then brilliant as I’d love the player, but right now it’s a dead end.

The irony of this post!

We’re all guilty of it to be fair.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The irony of this post!

We’re all guilty of it to be fair.

I did appreciate the irony as I posted  but I still sensed there was an air of anticipation about his signing that I thought was misplaced.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or

He wanted RB and waited until they got knocked out and thought they may spend their money on him and now they aren’t he’s looking at his other options ie us.

Not everything happens instantly like football manager games. It’s a big decision because the club he thought was going to, in a country he knew, who are playing champions league don’t want him enough.  Now he has to make a big life decision to move to a club that do want him but is in a foreign country and just avoided relegation.  Not a quick decision for anybody.

There’s an implicit assumption that the RBL deal is dead.

Its great that we treat potentially positive news as gospel, and potentially negative news is met with fake news lense.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Its great that we treat potentially positive news as gospel, and potentially negative news is met with fake news lense.

Never said positive or fake news just my take on why it could take so long.  It might well be that RB are hoping that Milot only wants to go to them and WB blink and let him go cheap when we are only the other option and he doesn’t want that.  Definitely feasible.

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Saluted the magpie? Not heard it called that before...

Dude, I'm sat in the pub, on the way home from work, and nearly spat my beer all over the place reading that. Not good if you want to keep your seat in post-lockdown, pre-lockdown Covid-19 Birmingham. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

But it is fact that Werder laughed off Leipzig's offer. They were absolutely nowhere near the asking price and they are currently not negotiating with them. Who knows, next week RBL might come back with an improved offer and meet the asking price but currently, as of right now their deal is dead.

There is nothing to suggest he doesn't want to join us, as you were claiming. That is peoples opinions (which they are entitled to). But until it comes out that he has rejected us then who knows? Who knows if we've even spoken to him yet? There are a million reasons why he hasn't joined yet. No reason to assume he doesn't want to.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Respect to Wes for posting but it does appear to be news of the situation from nearly a week ago that they are only publishing and putting out now.

Things have developed since then as @Okonokos has stated.  :thumb:

Rigo, stop f**king about and tell us he is signing - PLEASE! 

Edit: I should have added that if you don't do the above I'm going to have to keep enjoying the pink grapefruit 🤪

Edited by Villarocker
  • Haha 2