Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Will be disappointed if he ends up at wet spam! That'll be two highly rated Championship players we were very strongly linked to that ended up there instead of here.

Sadly, we can't afford to sign everyone and have to prioritise. Bowen is a very good player who came up for sale at the wrong time for us, where as I don't think we've ever been that interested in Benrahma. I think our coaches fear that Benrahma lacks the will to put in the hard yards as he does have a bit of a lack of work ethic for winning the ball back. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Thanks as always for your posts in here.

I would like Benrahma. I think from what I’ve seen of Watkins at this level, I’d be surprised if Benrahma is as good but who knows? 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but another Brentford player couldn’t hurt!

You mention it’s an agent issue. No doubt another greedy bastard trying to take 2/3m for himself for doing hardly anything. 

See you next year when we’ll be having this same discussion about Henry/Toney ;-). What are they like btw? 

Henry is a class act in the championship and always thought he would play for England one day.Talking to mates who watch PL football have told me the step up from championship is huge and how established players are physically strong and super fit so for a player of Henry’s size he’s 5 ft 6 inches he has a handicap to start with.Toney looks the part and has got 3 goals already but is a big ask to fill Olis shoes.I don’t think we will be challenging top 2 this season as we are lacking in a few areas.

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Henry is a class act in the championship and always thought he would play for England one day.Talking to mates who watch PL football have told me the step up from championship is huge and how established players are physically strong and super fit so for a player of Henry’s size he’s 5 ft 6 inches he has a handicap to start with.Toney looks the part and has got 3 goals already but is a big ask to fill Olis shoes.I don’t think we will be challenging top 2 this season as we are lacking in a few areas.

Not the bank.lol

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I heard David Sullivan on the radio the other week saying the reason they sold Diangana was because of how heavily stocked they were in that area and now Benrahma is there having his medical

Obviously lying wasnt he, who'd have thought it!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I heard David Sullivan on the radio the other week saying the reason they sold Diangana was because of how heavily stocked they were in that area and now Benrahma is there having his medical

You'd be hard pressed to find a more revolting figure than Dildo Dave. 

4 hours ago, Rossi said:

If anyone knows benrahma it's Dean Smith, if he wanted him he'd be at villa now, I trust Smith if he doesn't think benrahma is worth it to us. 

I think our interest waned when we signed Jack to his new deal....and I know which one I would prefer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rossi said:

If anyone knows benrahma it's Dean Smith, if he wanted him he'd be at villa now, I trust Smith if he doesn't think benrahma is worth it to us. 

Yeah, Dean has had 2 full summer windows to sign him and he hasn't made a move AFAIK. I think that speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rossi said:

We dont need players that make little drone movies of having a shave at a villa . Right now he is a good player because he probably ain’t quite rich enough to stop giving a shit yet. Let’s see him in a few more years.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, Dean has had 2 full summer windows to sign him and he hasn't made a move AFAIK. I think that speaks volumes. 

Last season he definitely wanted him. But it didn’t work because of pricing. I think we were ready to spend 18-20 on him but they wanted 25m or more. 

So reports of a medical at WH. Makes me a bit sad. I think this is an opportunity to sign a top player that seldom occurs, like when Spurs could have signed Jack a couple of summers ago. Or going back to when we didn't sign Robbie Keane from Wolves. I think Benrahma will be worth at least the double in a year's time and then will be out of our reach. Feels like a golden opportunity passes us by. I would have preferred that we splashed £10M extra and bought Benrahma instead of Traoré.

I understand that we don't want to pay £30M though. I thought reports in the summer of Brentford demanding £50M for Watkins and Benrahma were unrealistic in the corona market. Now they seem to get £60M+. It's really crazy that they can get that amount for two Championship players in their mid twenties who haven't played in the PL. But well played Brentford.

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think Benrahma will be worth at least the double in a year's time and then will be out of our reach.

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's really crazy that they can get that amount for two Championship players in their mid twenties who haven't played in the PL.

Which one is it?

• Haha 2

Â