Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Well.... lots of reasons to be honest

1. Jim White claimed two weeks ago that Purslow had told him we were done

2. Smith has said on a number of occasions we can't stock pile players

3. Moves to shift surplus players before the deadline didn't happen

4. I can't see Championship sides coming in for any of our fringe players in the next few days

5. We could have bought Benrahma last summer, he has been available all this summer but we've seemingly not moved for him. Why wait until now?

6. We've spent circa £80m this window, it seems Benrahma is going to cost in the region of £25m-£30m. On top of the £140m last summer, money in Jan, money this window and what we've spent on youth additions I can't see them spending more.

7. At that sort of price he would be our 2nd highest costing player behind Watkins and yet we don't have an obvious space in the team for him

8. If Benhrama was seen as a key signing we would likely have got him by now based on our other activity 

9. Purslow has talked about the limitations on wage bill at this stage of our return to the PL

10. Leaving deals late doesn't really seem to be our style

11. I have a feeling any interest we had in him may have been as a potential replacement for Jack

Our owners have been incredible but there have to be limits even for them, so for that reason, the reason above and more I just don't see it happening.

Which probably means he will sign tomorrow! :)

(PS - sorry for the bullet point answer, its late and I'm tired and it was easier than constructing a long answer to cover it all. I know bullet point answers can come across arsey but I'm just being a little lazy)

I love bullet point answers. I love them in work emails too. Bullet points make the world a better place. They organise, structure, consise everything. Maybe it's my ocpd getting pleased.

Anyway more bullet points! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

This  move isn't going happening for us, for a 2nd season now VillaTalk, 

Move on from Benrahma. UTV

Not only that but if he doesn’t move and it’s two years on from when we came up he’s two years older and they want a bigger figure it seems each year...

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just to clarify the he's a LW argument, according to Transfermarkt he has played 63 games in career at RW with various clubs

I’d guess he has played about three times that on the left. It’s a bit like Ashley Young, he could play in either side but was always more effective on one.

Crazy to think they picked him up for less than £2m only two or three years ago.

I’d love us us to find a bargain like that from abroad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I love bullet point answers. I love them in work emails too. Bullet points make the world a better place. They organise, structure, consise everything. Maybe it's my ocpd getting pleased.

Anyway more bullet points! 

Too bad these points were numbered then isn't it?

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d guess he has played about three times that on the left. It’s a bit like Ashley Young, he could play in either side but was always more effective on one.

Crazy to think they picked him up for less than £2m only two or three years ago.

Can you imagine the reaction of fans if we signed a player for 2m? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

SJM says hi.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

72 LW 63 RW but near triple goals and near double assists LW but maybe finding his form/role 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/said-benrahma/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/290532

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

McGinn ?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

They hate GSB and as long as they're owners I want them to fail. Other than that I like the club

Yeah the racist wee rascals that they are.

They're a vile club from top to bottom. Worse than Newcastle for thinking they're a big club. They won the world cup dontcha know. Anyway, my fault for bringing them up in here. I hope they implode spectacularly. I don't particularly care where Benrahma goes, but if they fail then that's good to me :thumb:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah the racist wee rascals that they are.

They're a vile club from top to bottom. Worse than Newcastle for thinking they're a big club. They won the world cup dontcha know. Anyway, my fault for bringing them up in here. I hope they implode spectacularly. I don't particularly care where Benrahma goes, but if they fail then that's good to me :thumb:

If they signed King for 130k a week that would be amazing

A big if, but what if King does go to West Ham, where does that leave Brentford and Benrahma?

That will mean both Palace and West Ham have walked away.  Not many clubs left in the game at that point.  Press will talk Arsenal and Chelsea, but that’s not realistic.

At that point and only if we can create space in the squad, I think we’ll try something last minute.  £15m + AEG + £5m in add-ons.  Running out of options may mean his salary requirements fall too.

Â