Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

A big if, but what if King does go to West Ham, where does that leave Brentford and Benrahma?

That will mean both Palace and West Ham have walked away.  Not many clubs left in the game at that point.  Press will talk Arsenal and Chelsea, but that’s not realistic.

At that point and only if we can create space in the squad, I think we’ll try something last minute.  £15m + AEG + £5m in add-ons.  Running out of options may mean his salary requirements fall too.

True, especially if him falling out with the club is correct, are they going to want to have an unhappy player on their books, potentially affecting squad morale.

if he does go but not to West Ham, palace might end up doing a late deal I reckon, not sure if they’re completely out of the running yet.

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:
  • I love bullet point answers.
  • I love them in work emails too.
  • Bullet points make the world a better place.
  • They organise, structure, consise everything.
  • Maybe it's my ocpd getting pleased.
  • Anyway more bullet points! 

FTFY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Villaphil said:

A big if, but what if King does go to West Ham, where does that leave Brentford and Benrahma?

That will mean both Palace and West Ham have walked away.  Not many clubs left in the game at that point.  Press will talk Arsenal and Chelsea, but that’s not realistic.

At that point and only if we can create space in the squad, I think we’ll try something last minute.  £15m + AEG + £5m in add-ons.  Running out of options may mean his salary requirements fall too.

we wont be offering them a player its not how Brentford works and Brentford have no problem keeping him

Its also obvious that Benrahma is looking for money mainly which would put a lot of teams off him. 1st he wanted 120k a week and now he is looking for a loyalty payment from Brentford. **** him

I don’t buy into the idea that ‘if we wanted him, it would be done now’. I don’t think we’re in for Benrahma but it might just be that we’re only interested at the right price/wages and they will both drop as it gets nearer to the deadline. 

Brentford don’t need the money, but they probably also don’t want an unhappy player on their hands and I think Benrahma probably wants to play in the PL now. 

It might be that Brentford want 30m and the player wants 100k a week and Villa are only interested in a deal worth 22m/60k a week. You never know, if the club/player gets twitchy as we approach the cut off time, a good deal may present itself. 

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t buy into the idea that ‘if we wanted him, it would be done now’. I don’t think we’re in for Benrahma but it might just be that we’re only interested at the right price/wages and they will both drop as it gets nearer to the deadline. 

Brentford don’t need the money, but they probably also don’t want an unhappy player on their hands and I think Benrahma probably wants to play in the PL now. 

It might be that Brentford want 30m and the player wants 100k a week and Villa are only interested in a deal worth 22m/60k a week. You never know, if the club/player gets twitchy as we approach the cut off time, a good deal may present itself. 

I’m led to believe that it’s an agent led issue that has become a “who blinks first”game.I don’t agree with the “we don’t need the money”stance although he has 2 years +1 year option I think this is the opportunity to get top money for him.Hope Villa come in with a late bid that is in line with your suggestion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I’m led to believe that it’s an agent led issue that has become a “who blinks first”game.I don’t agree with the “we don’t need the money”stance although he has 2 years +1 year option I think this is the opportunity to get top money for him.Hope Villa come in with a late bid that is in line with your suggestion.

Can some FM expert explain to me what this actually means in real life? 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you treat everyone you meet in real life with the same incessant derision as you do on here?

Are you as easily offended in real life as you're on here? What on earth is wrong with asking FM people for advice when the game has become stupidly accurate in everything in regards to contracts? 

Sweet jesus

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are you as easily offended in real life as you're on here? What on earth is wrong with asking FM people for advice when the game has become stupidly accurate in everything in regards to contracts? 

Sweet jesus

I'm not offended at all, it just gets tiresome seeing you berating people in countless threads for disagreeing with you and I thought you were doing it again. I apologise as admittedly I misread that post and didn't see the part of the quote you highlighted.

To answer the question, an option for to extend for one year means exactly what it sounds like. An option to extend for the player, club or mutually.

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm not offended at all, it just gets tiresome seeing you berating people in countless threads for disagreeing with you and I thought you were doing it again. I apologise as admittedly I misread that post and didn't see the part of the quote you highlighted.

To answer the question, an option for to extend for one year means exactly what it sounds like. An option to extend for the player, club or mutually.

Well try reading a post before you answer next time, then you won't have to accuse others of castigating or whatever. 

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

you are not exactly first in the queue when it comes to giving someone the benefit of the doubt either, are you?

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

Â