Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

If Benrahma really was so special he would have been picked up in the last 2 summer windows, by the sounds of it Brentford only got 2 bids for him. He will fail in the top flight and will go down as another West Ham flop

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

With us out of the league cup and no european campaign their really isn't much football to go around. About 40 games total if we make a FA cup run.

Jack is a nailed on starter on the left. Maybe he misses a couple games for injury/rest but ideally he plays 30+ for the rest of the season. On the right we have Trez and Traore to split 40 games. Notice I haven't even mentioned AEG.  That doesn't leave much playing time at all for a new wing player. 

If I'm Buendia or Benhrama I'm looking at our lineup and thinking where do I play.  If the manager says I'm being signed as injury cover then I'm probably going elsewhere in search of 1st team football. 

If we do sign another winger it would be a younger player. Someone willing to be an understudy to Jack for a season or 2. Kind of like where Ramsey is currently in his career. Behnrhama is 25. He is looking to make his mark. You can't do that unless you are a nailed on 1st team starter. 

What about the no. 10 position?

Is Barkley going to play every minute?  He certainly can't play in the two games v Chelsea.

If one of them gets an injury like McGinn or Wes did last year, we are down to 3 from 4 i.e. little rotation opportunity and only one sub that can make an impact.  If two get injured - a possibility - we have no options.

I don't think Jack should have to start every game in an ideal world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Hope he works hard to get his place back after Ramsey’s hattrick in the first of those. 

Have you seen much of Ramsey?  I am uncertain whether he is an 8 (and cover for SJM) or a 10 or capable of being both?

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

West Ham were never going to pay £30m without some fun and games.

I can see it now Gold & Sullivan, will offer to take him on loan with an option to buy or will offer £20m cash. Brentford surely won't be having any of it. They remind me of these two:

image.jpeg.4e5a42c1caf463fbff683daa76b7a130.jpeg image.jpeg.1e4b9024dbf8e1b79eba4aae6ec9027c.jpeg

Edited by John
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Have you seen much of Ramsey?  I am uncertain whether he is an 8 (and cover for SJM) or a 10 or capable of being both?

I’d say based on what I saw of his Doncaster games he reminds me of elements of Scholes or Lampard’s games (obviously not saying he will hit that level), comfortable on the ball, good range of passing and an eye for goalscoring positions. So I think he can play either of those midfield roles and maybe will settle more into one over time. Obviously might not end up quite at the required standard but has looked good in his appearances this season.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d say based on what I saw of his Doncaster games he reminds me of elements of Scholes or Lampard’s games (obviously not saying he will hit that level), comfortable on the ball, good range of passing and an eye for goalscoring positions. So I think he can play either of those midfield roles and maybe will settle more into one over time. Obviously might not end up quite at the required standard but has looked good in his appearances this season.

I think it’s the wisest move to have him around. We need depth. Ramsey and Davis are already from the first options you’d think to get from the bench. It might be better to give them first team game time down in the Championship. But we aren’t much Luxurious in that area at the moment to send then on loan down there.

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

how do you even fail a medical as a pro footballer?! Unless you’ve got a current injury how does it work, I’m clueless to the process 🤷‍♂️

They do ultrasounds and MRIs etc I think. Something must've shown up

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

how do you even fail a medical as a pro footballer?! Unless you’ve got a current injury how does it work, I’m clueless to the process 🤷‍♂️

I mean I hope for the lad it’s nothing like this but I remember a player in Spain having a heart defect picked up in a medical and having to immediately retire. You never know what blood tests or a different exercise test can throw up, same as any of us.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

With us out of the league cup and no european campaign their really isn't much football to go around. About 40 games total if we make a FA cup run.

Jack is a nailed on starter on the left. Maybe he misses a couple games for injury/rest but ideally he plays 30+ for the rest of the season. On the right we have Trez and Traore to split 40 games. Notice I haven't even mentioned AEG.  That doesn't leave much playing time at all for a new wing player. 

If I'm Buendia or Benhrama I'm looking at our lineup and thinking where do I play.  If the manager says I'm being signed as injury cover then I'm probably going elsewhere in search of 1st team football. 

If we do sign another winger it would be a younger player. Someone willing to be an understudy to Jack for a season or 2. Kind of like where Ramsey is currently in his career. Behnrhama is 25. He is looking to make his mark. You can't do that unless you are a nailed on 1st team starter. 

Players don't move to top 6 clubs and expect to demand a starting place, they have to accept they will need to fight for the shirt.....and we are a top two club, after all! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I mean I hope for the lad it’s nothing like this but I remember a player in Spain having a heart defect picked up in a medical and having to immediately retire. You never know what blood tests or a different exercise test can throw up, same as any of us.

Leeds signing failed medical recently allegedly and was nothing too serious afaik

5 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Long term issues past injuries, susceptibility to recurring issues, failure to get insurance. Richard's failed his medical..

• Thanks 1

Â