Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

11 hours ago, Rich192 said:

They just spent £70m on a new stadium, although not sure if that was paid for by other means? 

8 hours ago, jonjon said:

We purchased the land nearly 10 years ago in a backwater bordering Chiswick W4, an area that has now sky rocketed in land value so much so that we exchanged some land to developers who are building almost 900 Apartments next to the stadium, that paid for the stadium, plus I believe that we also came away with £10-£15 million pounds, we are fortunate to have an English owner who is not only a very astute business man but a life long Bee's fan who used to hitchhike up and down the country to watch them in his teens.  

I would imagine Brentford have a very healthy bank balance?

they are in the green (as in income minus expenses) by about 80m in the transfer market over the last 5 years or so, then add another 20-30m for Benrahma and thats 100/110m ish in the green.

in comparison, Villa are about 230m in the red with regard to transfer dealings in the past 5 years :)

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would imagine Brentford have a very healthy bank balance?

they are in the green (as in income minus expenses) by about 80m in the transfer market over the last 5 years or so, then add another 20-30m for Benrahma and thats 100/110m ish in the green.

in comparison, Villa are about 230m in the red with regard to transfer dealings in the past 5 years :)

Well, You have brought a few donkeys over the past few years, but now seem to be getting it just right, I had that feeling last year that DS had to take a few players that weren't of his choosing (am I right) so far this season they seem to be more of his choice, and looking much better for it as well, I'm also so glad Ollie has got of to a good start, he will only get better as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jonjon said:

Well, You have brought a few donkeys over the past few years, but now seem to be getting it just right, I had that feeling last year that DS had to take a few players that weren't of his choosing (am I right) so far this season they seem to be more of his choice, and looking much better for it as well, I'm also so glad Ollie has got of to a good start, he will only get better as well.

well, my personal opinion is he took the players we could afford/could get, as we needed 10-14 players for a set amount of cash, so i think....would he have purchased them all himself if he had a blank chequebook?, probably not, but with the finite amount of funds we had to build effectively a whole new team, i think it was more.....we got what we could get.

Some of last years players were hit and miss granted, but i also think we all expected that, all we cared about was did we do enough to stay up, which luckily.....we just about did.

But i agree this season, the transfers have a much more DS feeling about them, i would bet cash all of these seasons transfers were a DS choice, apart from maybe Traore who to me feels like a committee signing, i have my fingers crossed that they all do well for us though.

Edited by MaVilla

8 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Any ITK's amongst your fans as to where Benrahma will be playing after the domestic window closes?

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Great. He's the opposite of what they need. No defence.

Two clean sheets against stronger opponents, they’re the strongest defence so far bar us.

Still early days but the signs are there, they aren’t conceding goals for fun nor us as we all did last season. Both have improved post lockdown and from West Ham side they’ve started scoring goals.

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Two clean sheets against stronger opponents, they’re the strongest defence so far bar us.

Still early days but the signs are there, they aren’t conceding goals for fun nor us as we all did last season. Both have improved post lockdown and from West Ham side they’ve started scoring goals.

We aren't the strongest defence in the league and West Ham definitely aren't second strongest..

You’d like them to take King, as Antonio is better anyway so he’ll be useless to them. But Benrahma would be an upgrade. Benrahma and Bowen in each side is very good. Add the Czech midfielder that’s a very good forward. With Rice and Noble. Their squad is good and now they’re tactically doing well. Only Newcastle was their worst game. They’ve done well against Arsenal. To be honest I don’t hate them maybe because they’re claret and blue, or that I have some good friends which supports them. I’d definitely prefer them than top 6, Newcastle, Leeds, Wolves, WBA possibly Fulham too.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We aren't the strongest defence in the league and West Ham definitely aren't second strongest..

I meant in terms of numbers, and I’ve mentioned thats an early days. But they’re the fewest team to concede from 4 games. Wasn’t an easy run too. 

• Like 1

Probably should start another thread or a poll but if we did have one more transfer in us this window would people prefer Benrhama or King?

For me, it would definitely be Benrhama - covers 7, 11 and 10 and gives us a couple of good options for rotation/bench (impact) with five good players for those three positions. 

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I absolutely give benefit of the doubt. Not once did I assume your countless posts about wanting a big, tough, energetic man sitting deep were to do with anything other than football.

still do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Probably should start another thread or a poll but if we did have one more transfer in us this window would people prefer Benrhama or King?

For me, it would definitely be Benrhama - covers 7, 11 and 10 and gives us a couple of good options for rotation/bench (impact) with five good players for those three positions. 

Anyone who picks King over Benrahma needs to be sectioned....

As for having more transfers in this window I find it highly unlikely and completely unbelievable that we would spend another 25 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Will be disappointed if he ends up at wet spam! That'll be two highly rated Championship players we were very strongly linked to that ended up there instead of here.

Meh, we only have a finite amount of money. 

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Anyone who picks King over Benrahma needs to be sectioned....

As for having more transfers in this window I find it highly unlikely and completely unbelievable that we would spend another 25 million.

I've been keen on Benrahma since we got promoted but a signing like this or Beundia Sarr etc doesn't make sense especially with comments from club etc about done for business. Luiz McGinn double pivot with Hourihane Nakamba back up.  Barkley AM with the previous bar Nakamba capable. Grealish LW Watkins CF then Trez Traore AEG can cover either wing and Traore CF. We're simply not splashing big money on cover

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â