Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

how do you even fail a medical as a pro footballer?! Unless you’ve got a current injury how does it work, I’m clueless to the process 🤷‍♂️

Gareth Bale passed his medical and he had a knee injury 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

There's a reason Dean didnt give his blessing to go all out and get him.

Think we just found it.

He went for him last season, but we weren’t prepared to spend what they wanted for him.

11 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I mean I hope for the lad it’s nothing like this but I remember a player in Spain having a heart defect picked up in a medical and having to immediately retire. You never know what blood tests or a different exercise test can throw up, same as any of us.

Asa Hartford also didn't move to Leeds in 1971, because they found during his medical that he had a hole in his heart, he returned to WBA and later moved to Manchester City. It is his 70th birthday next week.  

Edited by John
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He went for him last season, but we weren’t prepared to spend what they wanted for him.

If that is true, I still can see a situation where we might take a £15m gamble on a long-term injury risk but shy away from a £30m gamble.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Yet we sanctioned bigger fees in both windows for other players.

Dean clearly didnt want to go big on the guy 

Could be that we were preparing to spend 30m only in one player. Everyone would have agreed that it should be a striker as they’re the most expensive. Add to that the fact that Watkins is really good so for us he’s a much better deal than Benrahma. Add to that having Grealish and Barkley made us in a much better position. I don’t think Smith doesn’t want Benrahma rather we needed to spend elsewhere. Maybe the board will be looking and getting someone in January without panicking and after monitoring how the season go. Wether we’ll have something to achieve or not. If January came and we were challenging for European places then we’d be mental not to gamble and invest in quality additions.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If that is true, I still can see a situation where we might take a £15m gamble on a long-term injury risk but shy away from a £30m gamble.

Yes that’s definitely true. We offered thrm around 14m, and ready to go upto 18m. But they wanted nearer to 25m. Wether it was a board decision or Smith wasn’t really pushing for it I’m not sure.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think that may well be how West Ham viewed the medical. I bet when they booked the medical, they said, "make sure you find something doctor". 

2 minutes ago, John said:

I think that may well be how West Ham viewed the medical. I bet when they booked the medical, they said, "make sure you find something doctor". 

Drive that price down........

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yet we sanctioned bigger fees in both windows for other players.

Dean clearly didnt want to go big on the guy 

Not straight forward as that, Benrahma approach was until the end of the window. We didn’t have time to keep waiting and as we saw with Watkins it takes long to negotiate with Brentford. We’ve only spend more than that on Wesley (striker). By the time we pushed for Benrahma we already had Trez and Anwar, we thought we might outmuscle them. But they sold Maupay who gave them a good money. When he got Traore he clearly wanted him to be a backup for forward too. I don’t think Smith was serious in Benrahma this season, but last season he definitely wanted him, and we were almost down failing to get someone with his caliber.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we signed Downing with a broken leg

clean though wasn't it, muscle or ligament damage has a much higher chance for repetition 

that said there's definitely a lot fish as **** about west ham and their "attempts" at signing players but over the summer its growing increasingly fishy over this guy too, huge transfer fee, huge wage demands, now the injury, linked to Chelsea, us for ages, leeds, palace, west ham...now its an 11th hour drive the price down to scrape a transfer job

theres a bit of a stink around it all for me, im not going to be disappointed that we didn't get him (unless of course he hits ballon dor form)

3 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I'm shocked this thread is still here, didn't he sign for west ham?

Wwooooohhhhh yeah. 

Close the thread!  

Close the thread! 

Close the thread! 

Close the thread! 

Â