Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

You do have to wonder why we haven’t followed through with this link - if indeed we were actually interested. It’s been the obvious signing of the past two seasons really - so why haven’t we completed it? 

I don’t think it is down to asking price. As we have shown that we are prepared to pay what is required to get a signing over the line - we’ve shown this more than actually walking away from a deal, I believe.  

We’ve signed two of his former team mates and he got on well with Smith, so things seem to be perfectly in place for it to happen.... 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I think that’s a key point. We appear to be signing/targeting players with high energy and pace. 

It showed last night in the Leeds Liverpool match how much you can achieve with that strategy

• Like 1

Admittedly I only watched two full games with Benrahma, the playoff semi-final and the final. After watching those games I was left thinking that he was neither fast enough or powerful enough for the Premier League, certainly not playing as one of the wider players in a front three. The fullbacks in the Premier League are a whole lot better than in the championship. At 25yrs old, I think Benrahma would find the premier league a bit of a struggle.

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It showed last night in the Leeds Liverpool match how much you can achieve with that strategy

Gabby had a pretty decent career that was largely based on pace. It’s one thing that defenders universally dislike playing against. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think, and will probably be wrong - but he aint fast enough. 

I've said this, to me, Rashica has a higher chance of making it in this league.

He is an explosive player with a thunderous shot and bags of pace.

Benrahama might have the trickery, but not necessarily the strength or pace for me.

Deano will know him better than anyone, and if he has CHOSEN not to go for him, we should probably trust his judgement.

Cue him turning into a world beater after being determined to prove him wrong and scoring a hat trick against us. lol

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Benrahama might have the trickery, but not necessarily the strength or pace for me.

Deano will know him better than anyone, and if he has CHOSEN not to go for him, we should probably trust his judgement.

Cue him turning into a world beater after being determined to prove him wrong and scoring a hat trick against us. lol

Yeah and it’ll be all your fault!! 🤣

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Player adjusted to UK game that wants to play for PL TEAM vs mild interest in coming though

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Admittedly I only watched two full games with Benrahma, the playoff semi-final and the final. After watching those games I was left thinking that he was neither fast enough or powerful enough for the Premier League, certainly not playing as one of the wider players in a front three. The fullbacks in the Premier League are a whole lot better than in the championship. At 25yrs old, I think Benrahma would find the premier league a bit of a struggle.

He is suited to a team which plays possession based football. Judging by the signings we are linked with, it appears DS is shifting towards counter attack, so benrahma isn't going to be the best option. That said, I have no doubt he will be a success in the PL and double in value in no time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is everybody 20 million this summer? Dafuq

I wonder if Palace offered offered more money, and he chose London over us hence why the sudden links to Traore?

Does look like he has potential to be the LANDAN pratt type. lol

I think that he's cheap at £20m. I think that you may well have a point on wages though. I wouldn't think that the bright lights of London, would be a deciding factor for him, perhaps he's settled in the area though? If he prefers playing for Palace to coming to us, then I would be surprised, but that would be a choice that he's free to make and to repent at leisure.  

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think, and will probably be wrong - but he aint fast enough. 

That's not how I've seen him, a couple of seasons ago against WBA when he caught my eye he was like a bullet on the left, terrorising what was then a very good WBA defence all game. I'd say his pace is one of his best attributes. But of course it depends on what you mean with fast. If you would set him up against someone running the full length of the pitch he'd perhaps often lose out with his short little legs. But when it comes to bursts in the final third - which is most importat in his position - i'd say he is second to none, I've seen few players who can just burst past oppenents they way he can.

I've seen on several occations ppl on here saying he is not fast, our Brentford friends would know the best, but in my world his ability to burst past players is amazing, and that I'd say is being a fast player.

• Like 2

Â