Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

Doesn't this kid play from the left? If there is anything in the MR rumours - that would be 3 players that prefer to play from the left. 

19 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

When we were in the championship benrahma and Buendia scored the same number of goals. Buendia didn't score many goals this season because he was the only player on his team who could create anything like Jack except to an even greater extent. 

Have a closer look at Buendia's stats. His lack of goals and goal scoring opportunities aren't just down to Norwich, they're a product of his style of play. He didn't score or assist in any of his last fourteen games for Norwich and he only played 90 minutes 4 times in the last 10 games after lockdown even though he wasn't injured. His discipline is another problem as he was sent off against Burnley in the penultimate game of the season, meaning that he's suspended from the first two games if he were to sign for us.

Buendia is a decent player, but I would argue that we need more goals and assists than he is capable of. Benrahma would be a better signing in my opinion.

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Looks like we’ll have to wait a while if he’s coming. 14 day quarantine for Benrahma starts soon. 

The Leeds fans are slating him for this.   Reckon he's not the right sort of player for them because he's "flaunting his wealth" :crylaugh:

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Looks like we’ll have to wait a while if he’s coming. 14 day quarantine for Benrahma starts soon. 

Wait. He had a professional film crew follow him and then edit his holiday video.

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Wait. He had a professional film crew follow him and then edit his holiday video.

Seems he mostly plays head tennis and gets his hair cut on holidays.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

The Leeds fans are slating him for this.   Reckon he's not the right sort of player for them because he's "flaunting his wealth" :crylaugh:

They haven't been able to pay their players a decent wage in ~20 years, so yeah...  Doesn't sound like he's their sort either!

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If we would sign only one player this summer. I wish it would be Benrahma

If we sign only one player this summer, then whoever it is, it won't be enough! 😉

• Like 1

I think Benrahma might struggle more in the PL compared to Rashica. Judging by his YouTube highlights, Championship defenders often backed off and gave him time on the ball. Rashica's playstyle is more direct and doesn't require as many touches to make something happen. Both would be an improvement on what we currently have but for £25m I'd go with Rashica, as imo he'd take less time to adapt to the league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I think Benrahma might struggle more in the PL compared to Rashica. Judging by his YouTube highlights, Championship defenders often backed off and gave him time on the ball. Rashica's playstyle is more direct and doesn't require as many touches to make something happen. Both would be an improvement on what we currently have but for £25m I'd go with Rashica, as imo he'd take less time to adapt to the league.

PL is better version of Championship. There's less need to adapt. Maddison, Mount etc did fine. Why do people think Benrahma wouldn't? Honestly I think he'll end up at Chelsea or similar and people will cry about how good he is and that we should've bought him last season

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear, this thread now on Page 4, we need to sign this guy before one of the other PL teams snap him up, come on Dean Smith, Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, please get snapping up. On the other hand I do appreciate that he may want to stay in London or is perhaps holding out for a top six team (even though he'd probably be one of their back-up wingers).

Edited by robby b

Â