Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

If Rahma and Watkins banged a load of goals in, doesnt it make sense to bring the full partnership at Villa. 

Anything over the likes of Ghazi and Samatta to rely on this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think nobody else seems to want this guy and if he does go to the top flight it will be a relegation battling team. Can see him at Fulham actually

He is not as rated by clubs as he is on VT

I suspect it's Brentford asking for £30m which is holding things up.

A silky winger who weighs about 9 stone is at a bigger risk of flopping.

I wonder if he would stay there for another year, it seems they want to sell him. 

I think if he wants to go the price might drop late in the window.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He misses too many Sita’s

You getting confused with Ghazi I think. Hes a much better player than Ghazi and I'd choose Rahma over him any day. I would upgrade because I'd rather not see Ghazi in the starting eleven this season unless he without a doubt proved he was worth the shot.

If it came down to it I would sooner settle for RAHMA if we had no other choice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think nobody else seems to want this guy and if he does go to the top flight it will be a relegation battling team. Can see him at Fulham actually

He is not as rated by clubs as he is on VT

His ability to dribble with close control and well weighted touches are honed to a standard where he is hard to dispossess and that allows him to not only retain possession but go by defenders and even to create ideal angles to continue the passage of play and potentially set himself or a teammate up with the next move. He's got that aspect of his game on lock in the championship, and it wouldn't surprise me if those close touches and sharp feet caused PL defenders issues too. His feints and step overs can send defenders the wrong way too.

I wonder if Benrahma will struggle with physicality and athleticism in the PL, I'm not saying he will, Lionel Messi just stuck his tongue out at me, but I think there might be a few dimensions of Benrahma's game that certainly make PL clubs recruitment teams question if 20-30 million on Said Benrahma is a worthwhile investment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I suspect it's Brentford asking for £30m which is holding things up.

A silky winger who weighs about 9 stone is at a bigger risk of flopping.

I wonder if he would stay there for another year, it seems they want to sell him. 

I think if he wants to go the price might drop late in the window.

I think it's more about his play style than weight. He likes to hold the ball, dribble, be a one man show. Defensively not strong, nor a very good work rate. 

But yes, you are ofc. right. It's beneficial to be physically able in the PL. Very important. 

I guess the English term is luxury player. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

You getting confused with Ghazi I think. Hes a much better player than Ghazi and I'd choose Rahma over him any day. I would upgrade because I'd rather not see Ghazi in the starting eleven this season unless he without a doubt proved he was worth the shot.

If it came down to it I would sooner settle for RAHMA if we had no other choice.

Christopher Reeve Meme GIF

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If Rahma and Watkins banged a load of goals in, doesnt it make sense to bring the full partnership at Villa. 

It would make sense to, I agree 100%.

But it wouldn't make sense for us to get our pants pulled down in doing so which is what I think we risk doing, I could be wrong.

I assumed West Ham were now trying to sign him too. (Benrahma)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate it’s Benrahma. It’s like calling Grealish, Lish. ;)

I think it was last summer that we got ourselves quite a good lesson by a poster who teached Arabic, and if I remember correctly you can very well separate the Ben and the rahma in his name. I remember someone ridiculing him for it, but then got quite a big piece of humble pie to eat thereafter 🙂  

On 09/09/2020 at 19:01, kieranavfc said:

is it possible that Benrahma's fee is actually close to 20m given that they only got 21m for watkins after exeter's cut?

I was hoping the same, at £20M we should get it done quickly imo. I think he is far better than Bowen or Eze. We probably need a RW the most, but I think he can play there as well, I think he played on the right quite a few times the seasons before this one, perhaps this one as well, but I'll let our Brentford friends correct me on that one.

For me it's a tough choice between him and Buendia, I've seen more of Benrahma and I haven't got the slightest doubt that he will be a sucess in the PL, in fact I think that he in one year will have doubled or tripled his value and be regarded close to how Hazard was regarded, same playing style and same ability imo. Buendia of course is proven at PL level and would perhaps come cheaper. I don't know enough about their characters and personalities, but I'm sure DS knows more about that. I know more about Benrahma so would prefer him, but would be happy with Buendia as well.

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it was last summer that we got ourselves quite a good lesson by a poster who teached Arabic, and if I remember correctly you can very well separate the Ben and the rahma in his name. I remember someone ridiculing him for it, but then got quite a big piece of humble pie to eat thereafter 🙂  

Hmm, maybe it’s 2 different words but does that mean they should be split when referring to him? 

For example if a footballers surname was Ramsbottom is it ok to refer to him as Bottom?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hmm, maybe it’s 2 different words but does that mean they should be split when referring to him? 

For example if a footballers surname was Ramsbottom is it ok to refer to him as Bottom?

It would be ok if your own name was Ram Hiscock 👍

No I don't know, clearly most easy to say Benrahma as that's the name on his shirt. But if it's ok to split it or not I'd guess depends on if it's Arabic or not and if it makes sense to do it. I'd love to hear the explanation of the poster from last summer again!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or Agbon, Gazza, Auba, Ronnie.

I don't do it, but it's certainly not uncommon and far from not being OK.

Â