Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

What's this fascination with Maupay, he's not all that.  Great he scored in 1 in every 277 minutes in the league whereas Wes was 1 in 358 minutes but second half of the season he started to tail off and arguably was just starting to play.  I have much more confidence in the future of Wes than Maupay who I think is a little limited so I would rather Wes than Maupay.  I know you will argue but sometimes you have to take a step back and think you maybe wrong, you do have a habit of being wrong from Smith to Villa being cut off from relegation safety last season, so maybe you are wrong on this. 

Maybe I am wrong in believing that Wes maybe better than Maupay long term, yes Maupay had a slightly better season this season but I'd argue part of that was Wes settling and it would've been nice to see him second half of the season but that wasnt to be.  You though cant definitively say that Maupay was a better buy than Wes, and you would definitely get a lot of arguments on this website on that long term.

As for Benrahma vs Traore, i just dont know how you can say that with neither signed and Benrahma having never played at this level.  Traore record doesnt look great but there must be reasons for this buy so we will have to see.  It's alright to have an opinion but you say it like it is fact and definitive all the time and it isnt

Because obviously Maupay is the best forward in English football, if he played for a manager like Bielsa he be hitting 10 goals a game

As for Traore he has admitted he had never seen him play and refused to discuss the matter further in the Traore thread

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because obviously Maupay is the best forward in English football, if he played for a manager like Bielsa he be hitting 10 goals a game

As for Traore he has admitted he had never seen him play and refused to discuss the matter further in the Traore thread

Without looking, I’m guessing if I say the number 21, I’d be right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Maupay is a really good player.

Fox in the box. Very good movement in the box. Potter ask him to be involved more in the build up play which is not his game. Yet he still hit double figures last season.

On top of that he is aggressive and nasty to play against. This is something we really lack. You need characters like that, Jack has some of it. But i feel we are too nice to play against at times.

It's natural to dislike rival teams players and defend your own. I think if Maypay played for the Villa you would have a very different opinion of him seeing him week in week out.

Are you sure you are watching Maupay?  He was alright but anybody reading this would think you were talking about a top six striker like Vardy or somebody.  

As for disliking rival teams, that’s all fine but Brighton are a nice little team, I have no hate for them.  Maupay is just not somebody I watched last season and felt we missed out on, he was just ok and Brighton looked like his ceiling in terms of career highlight when he does retire.   

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why not both?

If we had signed Maupay instead of Wesley and Benrahma instead of Traore we would be in a much better position now.

Selecting on outcomes. Nobody was sure, in advance, whether Maupay or Wesley would score more goals last season.

That we can look back and say Maupay was probably a better purchase is... well, not saying much. Tells us exactly nothing about Benrahma versus Traore.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This guy as an alternative to Rashica then? I think we have first dibs on him as otherwise he'd have surely gone elsewhere by now?

I think it's far more likely that brentford are being brentford, not accepting anything under their valuation.

Talk about 20 million is just papers guessing;  They will want the same as we paid for oli, which will mean this will drag on.

There must be a reason why no team has taken a chance on him on over the last 2 summers? Based on ability alone? 

Wakins had one great season... sold.... Eze, the same. Benrahma... two very strong seasons and nothing? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

There must be a reason why no team has taken a chance on him on over the last 2 summers? Based on ability alone? 

Wakins had one great season... sold.... Eze, the same. Benrahma... two very strong seasons and nothing? 

Probably wants to stay in Landan..  but no Landan club has came in for him.

Either that or his missus has a touch of the Unsworths and told him where he's not moving to.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The more this Rashica s*** drags on part of me is thinking just get Benrahma instead...

Supposing it is true that Rashica is holding out for a bigger club does not ingratiate him at all to the Villa fans.

Page 305 in the Rashica thread provides us with the actual hold up. Werder.

Edited by Sulberto21

Just now, Xela said:

I think teams aren't sold on his ability to cope with the physicality of the league which seems to be one of the chief concerns of PL clubs. Maybe they think the risk isn't worth the price.

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

Do we need a left back as much as we need players for other positions? I  hope we don't buy him and not strengthen the midfield and wings.

You say that, but I'm certain that having Neil Taylor on the bench is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Just watch Smiths interview, when someone asked if he was going to sign anymore Brentford players he had to bite his lip to stop the smile, could Benrahma be back on? 

Didn't he blatantly say "Thomas Frank has said there will be no more players sold"? Or was that just poker?

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't he blatantly say "Thomas Frank has said there will be no more players sold"? Or was that just poker?

he was closing the question down, everyone knows Benrahma is for sale.

Brentford have only said, or its reported they said, that Reya isnt for sale (or something)

• Like 1

Â