Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

It will be funny if all the assistants O'Kelly, Shakespeare and Terry have a regular meeting.

Who will be the first to ask "when shall we three meet again?" 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It will be funny if all the assistants O'Kelly, Shakespeare and Terry have a regular meeting.

Their hierarchy? King John, then Craig, Richard... the Third. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kidlewis said:

We just need some more players who are villains, you always get an extra little % 

I actually know a player who was playing for his boyhood club and ended up leaving as he couldn’t take the pressure - as soon as he moved to another Prem team he was fine. So it can work the other way!

• Like 1

I don't want to exagerate but I think this could be one of the most shrew appointments we have made in a long time. As I understood Ranieri was a bit of a clown and it was Shakespeare who pulled the strings when they won the league, same with Pearson, got the impression that Shakespeare was the brain and Pearson the one barking out orders. CS didn't do very well as no 1, but he seems to be great as an assistant.

I also think it says very much about Dean Smith, he could have seen CS (and Terry) as too big a name, someone who could make him lose some of his authority, but that doesn't matter to him, he takes the decision that is best for the club. We needed more PL experience, we got the best I could ever think of. Very very happy with this appointment! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If this thread shows nothing else, it has done a great job of highlighting how shallow our knowledge of Shakespeare is. 

He was just hired, I haven't had time to look up his Wikipedia page yet

• Haha 1

Bit of a good read I think on the bloke, Craig seems very exciting tactically astute. Seems like Craig has been around the block and done a fair bit looking forward to see how it pays off for us on the field.

"Even when he moved from assistant to the main man, he still did the pre-game warm-ups, unlike most bosses, who finalise their tactics in the changing room or watch from a distance.

you see I like that alot and it tells you hes the kind of man who loves to be involved with the physical side as much as the mental and technical duties of his job. I think good things will come from his work at Villa.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-shakespeare-leicester-city-legacy-18736486

Edited by Dave-R

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Any movement on the Birnam wood thing? 

• Like 1

Â