Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’m not taking anything away from Dean Smith but it’s very hard not to see parallels between how Leicester played under Ranieri with Shakespeare and how we played this evening.

Cant say i disagree with that. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m not taking anything away from Dean Smith but it’s very hard not to see parallels between how Leicester played under Ranieri with Shakespeare and how we played this evening.

Came to post similar. Even how Watford thrashed Liverpool last season was very similar.

• Like 4

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Great Is it not. Both Villans in cahoots 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Totally agree. There is a real genuineness about our work ethic in the 3 league games so far. Again, not taking anything away from Dean but ive no doubt Shakespeare has had an input since he's come in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it also shows the measure of the man in Smith that he trusts his coaching staff even if they have big personalities. Shakespeare apparently has a big personality and so does Terry. Some other Premier League managers could take a leaf out of that book to fix their own issues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was ever so upset with this chap once...

The year after Leicester won the title... I put a bet on that they would get relegated...
Ranieri was looking to make me quids in...

Then he got the sack... and Shakespeare turned Leicester around...

Cost me a nice pocketful of cash....

He had a key role to play in Watfords storm up the table before their eventual relegation...

We have an absolute gemstone.... He won the Holy Grail of domestic titles with a club that JUST ABOUT avoided relegation the previous season in what will easily go down as the greatest of "David vs Goliath"/"The little guy wins" sporting achieved ever (it could only ever be compared to Greece winning the Euros)...

He is one of us... Deano is one of us... Jack is one of us... and we have just turned over one of the most dominant league (and world) champions in club football 7-bloody-2

Happy days guys and girls!

I'm over the moon he is with us!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Racking up the similarities, so far:

1. Just surviving relegation

2. Confidence boosting win over a big club early in the season (pretty sure Leicester beat Man U 5-3)

3. Craig Shakespeare

It's all over lads, we're gonna win the league no doubt.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Happy to give Shakespeare credit as well as the whole backroom staff and Smith. We looked so brave and attack minded. Liverpool rightly gets a lot of praise for how they are both talented and yet also work so well together and and have an incredible work rate. We out did them in every one of those departments today. A lot of that only comes from coaching. Amazing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Came to post similar. Even how Watford thrashed Liverpool last season was very similar.

Came here to say both of these and beaten to the punch! The long diagonal with a drifting striker running the channels is certainly a key tactic of the Ranieri/Shakespeare title winning Leicester team.

I believe the ball over the top behind the space vacated by the fullback was the exact strategy Watford executed when Shakespeare was number 2 as well.

At first I wasn't so sure if it would be a too many cooks situation with 3 number 2's but so far it seems to be working well; Shakespeare for general playstyle/tactics, Cutler for specific training ground drills and Terry for maybe general motivation, 1 on 1 coaching with players?

Speaking of Terry did anyone see him at VP last night, no reason to think he wasn't just don't remember the camera panning to him at all?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

The set piece today and against Fulham... Maybe he's had a hand in those, as that's not something we saw last season.

In fairness to Deano and co, we were pretty effective after the lockdown break from set pieces.

• Like 2

Those breaks and quick long balls over the defence is surly something Shakespeare has contributed with , lookes very much like when Drinkwater was pinging long balls to Vardy.

As I said before, could be the most important signing of the season. Though now I start loving Watkins and Martinez so much that Shakespeare will have to share some of the love.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 09:02, ZL- said:

Came here to say both of these and beaten to the punch! The long diagonal with a drifting striker running the channels is certainly a key tactic of the Ranieri/Shakespeare title winning Leicester team.

I believe the ball over the top behind the space vacated by the fullback was the exact strategy Watford executed when Shakespeare was number 2 as well.

At first I wasn't so sure if it would be a too many cooks situation with 3 number 2's but so far it seems to be working well; Shakespeare for general playstyle/tactics, Cutler for specific training ground drills and Terry for maybe general motivation, 1 on 1 coaching with players?

Speaking of Terry did anyone see him at VP last night, no reason to think he wasn't just don't remember the camera panning to him at all?

Has Richard O'Kelly taken over Smith's role as the man that sets up the cones?

Â