Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

He is a very good man manager and he usually is very well liked and involved with the players - which is why he got chucked in with the whole ridiculous player power thing when Ranieri was sacked

He is pretty well admired throughout the English game, and was involved in most of our recent success

I will say his actual managerial skills aren't quite there yet as he was pretty poor for us but he is very good at helping set up a team to be stable

Pretty good appointment!

Mackenzie and now Shakespeare... which of our other former staff are you getting next? haha

Hopefully Mahrez and Vardy? We’ve had Drinkwater but not too keen to take him back.

Thanks bud.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ah Terry's gone. This stacking the backroom with extra assistant stuff that's been spouted is nonsense. It's an out of the blue appointment because he's off, i think. Not overly fussed, think we've got an upgrade.

It's been addressed multiple times in this thread, and by media alone that Terry is staying, and Shakespeare is supplementary!

55 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Very good appointment. Villa are certainly putting their shoulder to the wheel overhauling recruitment and coaching set up. 

Very Encouraging.....hope JT stays too.

Just now, tomav84 said:

villa fans at the club:

manager = ✅

captain = ✅

assistant = ✅

not many clubs can boast that.

We just need some more players who are villains, you always get an extra little % 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't really understand the hate for JT that seems to have developed. It's like some of our fans think he's the only one responsible for how many goals we conceded last season. 

He didn't celebrate when we scored versus Chelsea 

I really like what our club is doing. Building a team from inside up. I think we are seriously aiming high here with the structure and these key appointments

The futures bright the dutures claret and blue

6 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

We just need some more players who are villains, you always get an extra little % 

too right....like club hero and Aston Villa supporter Joleon Lescott.

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

He is a very good man manager and he usually is very well liked and involved with the players - which is why he got chucked in with the whole ridiculous player power thing when Ranieri was sacked

He is pretty well admired throughout the English game, and was involved in most of our recent success

I will say his actual managerial skills aren't quite there yet as he was pretty poor for us but he is very good at helping set up a team to be stable

Pretty good appointment!

Mackenzie and now Shakespeare... which of our other former staff are you getting next? haha

Would gladly take Rodgers too 

Â